2008 silverado DRL and Auto headlights disable?

Ok title pretty much sums everything up. I want to disable my day time running lights and my 'Auto-head lights'.. the ones that come on at dusk-night when i put the truck in Reverse or in Drive.

I know how to do the DRLs driver an passrnger.

But the thing thats really annoying the crap out of me is those stupid auto headlights that turn on when its getting dark or when ever you put the truck into gear.

I would like to disable them.

Any body know of any way?

2008 silverado 1500 ext cab 4x4

Yeah just turn the knob to the left and it will pop up automatic headlights off on the driver info center. For DRL's just pull the fuses under the hood

It doesn't work like that. The head lights still light up as soon as i throw her in gear.

The process was the same on my '98 2500 as it is on my 2013 1500... to disable DRL, pull the fuse(s) associated with DRL from the fuse box. Done.

For the low light auto on feature, I just turn switch off. They will not come on again automatically until next key on.

The process was the same on my '98 2500 as it is on my 2013 1500... to disable DRL, pull the fuse(s) associated with DRL from the fuse box. Done.

For the low light auto on feature, I just turn switch off. They will not come on again automatically until next key on.

Yea, i already pulled the two fuses for the DRL's but im not sure if you guys are understanding me or if im maybe not understand you guys..

At night, i have no control over my head lights turning on or off while driving, even if i turn the switch to off or on or auto. No difference.

When im parked, i can twist the knob to the left all the way to turn the lights off, but its a spring type knob, twist all the way to the left an it pushes it self back to default set before that.

I would like to disable them so they cant turn on when i drive at night if i dont want them to. I want to control whether or not they turn on by turning the knob on or off.

I dont know how else to explain it other then that :dunno:

Pull the light sensor out of the top of the dash and disconnect it or while the truck is in drive flip the switch to the left like you did when it was in park and the lights will go out while in gear.

Turning the knob to the left will not turn the lights off, no matter what buttons you touch in these trucks sold in Canada the light will turn on when you are in gear.

In that case you have a lot of retiring todo. And a new switch to buy and mount to the dash. If you are driving at night without your lights on I hope you are buckled up for when you hit the ditch.

Whats with the rude comment? Think id actually drive at night with my lights turned off an in danger others? keep comments like that to your self.

Pull the light sensor out of the top of the dash and disconnect it or while the truck is in drive flip the switch to the left like you did when it was in park and the lights will go out while in gear.

Ye i dont know if that'll work on the truck. Need to make sure incase i cause damage or something.

Turning the knob to the left will not turn the lights off, no matter what buttons you touch in these trucks sold in Canada the light will turn on when you are in gear.

so would the previous comment from silverado4x4 about the dash sensor work at all? debating it.. but worry if it'll have an effect on anything else..didn't really check into it yet.

I suppose you can find out how the sensor works. If it opens or closes a circuit when it senses daylight and fool the system into thinking it is always day time? I could not tell you if this would cause any damage though.

I would make sure there are no legal issues with this before though. Gotta be a reason why its completely automatic in Canada, or why would they not just make a the trucks the same right?