I don't know what stuff GM plastics are made of, but the mysterious melting sunvisor in my truck a while back surely surprised me. It looked like someone heated it with a torch. It was metled and blistered all over, and that's just from sitting under a carport in hot humid Florida weather.

Had the same issue on my LTZ. Dealer replaced hard plastic piece and new one has the same issue on drivers side. Seems it's temperature related. Colder days it sticks up above the soft part of dash, warmer days it lays flat. May try some adhesive.

SirBunnyEater bummer you are having issues with your new truck I am curious to see how it works out. I ordered mine from the same dealer you got yours from. I recognize their inside delivery area from your picture. I deal with their parts department almost daily and they are extremely good to deal with. Matter of fact one of their parts guys has a double cab with the same color combo.. That wouldn't happen to be you is it? If not he has had his a while it may be interesting to compare his truck seeing how it is in the same climate.

Couldn't even drive my truck anymore it was bothering me so much. Was supposed to drop it off tomorrow morning but instead just took it in a little bit ago. Not sure what I'm going to do if they can't fix it. Hopefully they'll let me return it. I don't mean to sound dramatic but I'd rather not have it then have a defect staring me in the face like that. I should know more tomorrow.

Couldn't even drive my truck anymore it was bothering me so much. Was supposed to drop it off tomorrow morning but instead just took it in a little bit ago. Not sure what I'm going to do if they can't fix it. Hopefully they'll let me return it. I don't mean to sound dramatic but I'd rather not have it then have a defect staring me in the face like that. I should know more tomorrow.

Dash rug till they get a fix. They will not take it back for such an issue.

Oh they'll take it back alright. I've got consumer protection laws on my side. Doesn't matter if it's a $6.00 item at Walmart or a $50,000 dollar vehicle. Plus the dealership is really good to deal with in general. I think if they can't fix it they will do the right thing.

Had the same issue on my LTZ. Dealer replaced hard plastic piece and new one has the same issue on drivers side. Seems it's temperature related. Colder days it sticks up above the soft part of dash, warmer days it lays flat. May try some adhesive.

I guess I'm good then, if mine is laying flat since it's freezing here?

I believe you guys are seeing this on the colder days because the heat from the defrost is running longer or hotter. The heat from the defrost is what is going to be the culprit on this issue I bet. I ran my defrost as long as I could tonight and did not see any warping only time will tell now.

I've had mine replaced once already and it lasted 3 days before the new one warped up. It happens right about the area where the actual defroster vents start on the right and left. It's very irritating since it is directly in my line of sight. The tech told me that it was going to happen again, and it did. It is the main dash carrier that the soft touch or foam filled area is attached to in his opinion. It is fine when the interior is warm from sitting in the sun or when the defroster sends warm air over it, it lays flat. When it is cold, it warps up on both sides. I'm not really into having them pull the whole dash out this soon, so I'll deal with it I reckon. Gm called back the warranty defroster panel my service guy told me, so hopefully they will get to the bottom of this problem.