Event Code 3100 Thread

Well even if it's built before vacation, don't they still need to be there to load them up? Or is that someone else's responsibility once it's off the assembly line?

I bought some Corvettes several years ago & had a contact at the Bowling Green plant plus the number of the trucking number they used (Allied Trucking). The trucking company actually loaded the cars instead of the Chevy employees. It may be the same with the railroad but I don't know. If the railroad employees load them, I'll be they will have people working during the holidays.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a bunch of us are on about the same timeline with our orders wonder how far apart our VIN numbers will end up? Geographically we are pretty scattered, its a stretch but it would be kind of neat if our trucks came off the line close to each other. Then compare notes on how long it took to ship to the various areas

Craig

Good to know. Anyone believe that GM is pushing this last bunch of 6.2s to be built before 12/31 so that they can be invoiced to the dealers before years end? I imagine GMs yearly numbers refers to vehicles invoiced to dealers, but I'm not sure if those numbers follow the calendar year.

Good to know. Anyone believe that GM is pushing this last bunch of 6.2s to be built before 12/31 so that they can be invoiced to the dealers before years end? I imagine GMs yearly numbers refers to vehicles invoiced to dealers, but I'm not sure if those numbers follow the calendar year.

She said not yet, not sure what that really means as some guys have them some don't and I think one of the guys in this thread even had one then didn't the next day.

Craig

I don't know how long it takes to make a truck. If they start it at...8am, is it off the line by...5pm and done. Or does it take several days. Maybe they are just getting everyone queued, but can only get a few done because Wed thru Friday they are closed. i wish I new how that all worked for each individual vehicle being produced.

It doesn't take that long to build them. I recall that years ago the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY took 19 hours to build a car. But, by comparision a Toyota plant was building small cars with much less quality in a fraction of that time.

A quick search showed that the Silao plant in Mexico producted 32,076 vehicles in June of this year. I don't know what they might build other than Crew Cab trucks though.

If it is anything like the 2 plants here in town they roll them through pretty quickly. Depends on demand, they build the Caddy ATS, CTS and soon the Camaro at one local plant and the Traverse and other variants at the other plant. They have at times ran 3 shifts although 2 shifts is more common lately. Generally less than a day to build one and they usually build 40ish an hour so there is a chance they can get built before the holiday shutdown.

Craig

I would think ( & hope) that those with a TPW of 12/23 will get built then unless something unexpected happens. Surely, they wouldn't later say something like, "We didn't get all those built this week because we forgot about being closed 3 days for Christmas"!

Or, would they?

Hopefully that is the case for you guys with TPW of 12/23. I don't have a TPW but like a lot of you my status changed about the same time from 1100 to 3100. Not sure why some have TPW and I don't but who knows what the powers that be at GM do what they do.

For comparison sake here is my timeline

10/22/13 Placed order at dealer

11/06/13 Received order number from my salesman via email

11/06/13 GM Customer service indicated accepted by GM on 11/6 status 1100

12/0?/13 Noticed over the weekend of 12/6 that order status on Chevrolet.com updated to queued for production

12/10/13 GM Customer service indicated order updated to 3100 no TPW and no indication when it changed status

Archived