Event Code 3100 Thread

Nice, please keep us updated on the final numbers! I should be taking delivery by the end of the month as well, want to know which rebates everyone is using... Where / how did you get the auto show 500?

Ok mine is in and I will pick up Monday. Spoke with dealer and got all incentives sorted out. GM card topped off to 3300, 2900 Presidents day sale and 500 auto show. They will not stack the 1500 loyalty on the presidents day, I called BS and after chatting with Chevy still lost but tried. Got 4 grand off MSRP and cleared 4500 on my trade for a total discount of 15200. I'm pretty happy with that.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swapped the stock Goodyears for a set of Cooper Zeon LTZs. It's a little louder on the highway but it does look a little more aggressive and the extra load rating should help stability when towing

post-125180-0-41975000-1393169398_thumb.jpeg

Craig,

How much louder? I've got to swap tires too. My Denali hydroplaned on me twice Thurs. night on the way home after a huge downpour. The Wrangler SRAs are quiet & drive great but I've got to have a better rain tire.

I'm really concerned about the noise.

Craig,

How much louder? I've got to swap tires too. My Denali hydroplaned on me twice Thurs. night on the way home after a huge downpour. The Wrangler SRAs are quiet & drive great but I've got to have a better rain tire.

I'm really concerned about the noise.

It's noticeably louder but not obnoxious. I had a pretty good back to back comparison as the Discount tire my buddy works at is about 50 miles away so I had back to back runs on the highway. I would say if the truck wasn't so darn quiet you wouldn't notice it. Any volume at all on the radio and it's not noticeable. If you turn it down and listen for it you will hear the tires.

Swapped the stock Goodyears for a set of Cooper Zeon LTZs. It's a little louder on the highway but it does look a little more aggressive and the extra load rating should help stability when towing

Looks good! She feel good or what??

Looks good! She feel good or what??

Oh yeah it is pretty stout I have jumped on it a couple of times and while it doesn't have the stupid torque of my old Duramax it gets with the program pretty good. After running a tank of gas through it I would say it is definitely quicker than my old 8.1 Suburban. We shall see how it compares to the BB torque once I hook up the race trailer. I will say I am pleasantly surprised at the ride even being equipped with Max Tow, my brother commented it was a lot smoother than his 09. I just hope it is up to the task of hauling the race trailer. Not like I plan to do it all the time as I have my motorhome for that. But being able to grab the trailer and run the drag car to my shop will be much easier now.

Craig

Oh yeah it is pretty stout I have jumped on it a couple of times and while it doesn't have the stupid torque of my old Duramax it gets with the program pretty good. After running a tank of gas through it I would say it is definitely quicker than my old 8.1 Suburban. We shall see how it compares to the BB torque once I hook up the race trailer. I will say I am pleasantly surprised at the ride even being equipped with Max Tow, my brother commented it was a lot smoother than his 09. I just hope it is up to the task of hauling the race trailer. Not like I plan to do it all the time as I have my motorhome for that. But being able to grab the trailer and run the drag car to my shop will be much easier now.

Craig

Enclosed trailer?? How much weight is the setup anyways?

Enclosed trailer?? How much weight is the setup anyways?

It's a fully loaded 28' Pace Shadow GT with finished screwless interior and exterior along with cabinets and carpet 1/2 way up the walls with tandem 6000lb axles. It is built like a tank and is pretty heavy empty. Fully loaded it is 9900 with the car, quad, tools fuel and misc junk.

I was a wee bit over the GCWR when full of fuel water and family plus a bunch of extra fuel in the trailer for the car when I weighed it with the motorhome basically a worse case senario. It tows awesome considering the whole rig was 27,700lbs

228330_1052721962313_3786_n.jpg

I pulled this trailer with my Dads 07 regular cab long box Classic 2500HD that had the 6.0 and it did OK. I am hoping my truck does as good handling wise seeing how it has a longer wheelbase. I am sure it has more power than his truck and while not a rocket by any means his did OK with it.

Craig

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived at the VDC the week of March 31, not sure what day, and arrived at the dealer April 15th so I it was about a week and a half for me.

BTW, my original order date was 11/11/13. Ridiculous. I wish I would have saved all of the GM excuses in a diary format.

Archived