In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mattminz06

2013 Terrain factory remote start possible?

so i have a gmc sierra and i have been reading about being able to get a remote start from the factory with an RPO code showing AP8 whatever all that means. i also have a 2013 terrain is this something possible for the terrain?

Yes from what I can see. I went to a local GM dealer site and click on parts and service. Then scrolled down to accessories and then to electronics and came up with the two below.

Part Name: Factory Remote Start - For Use on Vehicles Not Equipped with Factory Remote Start (BTV) but with Manual Liftgate (TB4) – Includes Hood Latch and 2 Uncoded Keys
Part Number: 23181320
Requires RPO's: TB4
TB4 - BODY EQUIPMENT LIFT GATE (MANUAL)
Not for RPO's: BTV
BTV - REMOTE START ENGINE

Part Name: Factory Remote Start - For Use on Vehicles Not Equipped with Factory Remote Start (BTV). Includes Part Number 22909711, Hood Latch. Requires purchase of 2 Keys with Transmitters. Refer to Service Parts Catalog for part numbers and pricing.
Part Number: 22957875
Not for RPO's: BTV
BTV - REMOTE START ENGINE