Needs help pickin on new rifle & handgun.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

There is nothing wrong with the 700 as they are made now. Yes some of the older ones had issues. I am one of the guys who carried one in the .mil and no issues as long as they are handled correctly like any other firearm. My family used them for hunting for years. That said KS is on the right track. All the guys who worked in my circles as long gunners buy Savages now. You cant beat out of the box accuracy for price. I have my grandpas Remington 700 30.06 from the late 60s and no issues and some of the newer control round feed Winchesters Model 70's. If you want a pretty gun that shoots acceptably and is made in the USA I say go for one of the new made in USA featherweight Winchester model 70's in 30.06 It handles great, isnt too heavy and top it off with a 2.5-8x36 vx3 Leupold and you have an everything gun. I love mine. Shoulders nice.

I have 1911's and I prefer Colt for the name and resale but ive heard good things about the Remington R1. Good base model to start with. Springfields are great too. I had a kimber and had nothing but problems with it but others havent so that is my 2 cents.

This one isn't mine but is the same setup. I have a Montana Sling on it and I recommend checking them out too.

BACO_M70FW_30-06_1-9-10.jpg

Archived