2014 Sierra Updates after Mar 2014??

Hspore

Anyone else heard that Sierras/Silverados built in Mar 2014 will get upgraded Ranchos on Z-71's due to many that have been leaking? Also upgraded infotainment system that will be going into the new Tahoe/Yukons as well as push button start so key fob can stay in your pocket? Also heard that Michelins will be an option from the factory? Obviously all speculation at this point but anyone out there 'in the know'???

That is the choice you make when you buy right at the beginning of the model year, cant fault the manufacture after the fact. Rancho's don't matter to me since the AT package already comes with them. I don't care about the infotainment system either, I would rather have my radio reception foxed more than anything else. I would have liked the key fob setup, but that is a moot point for me as well.

Rear HVAC people who wish vents were there...2015 may be the year for them...

Haha I told my passenger the other day when the people in the back were complaining about no heat reaching them "Let em' freeze!" but it definitely did cross my mind... (50k+ truck and no HVAC in the rear... screw it hahah)

Haha I told my passenger the other day when the people in the back were complaining about no heat reaching them "Let em' freeze!" but it definitely did cross my mind... (50k+ truck and no HVAC in the rear... screw it hahah)

They should be getting the heat from the floor? The vents for heat are there under the seats when the hvac is on floor mode.

The push button start would definitely be nice. I was really suprised by the fact that you actually have to use the key. Vehicles that cost half as much come with this feature. Hopefully it'll be something easy to retrofit, but I'm not counting on it.

MIne are under the seat and they blow both hot and cold. Might want to look.vent_zps355a960a.jpg

I don't know what GM would add that I would want. Don't need AC vents in the back, my grandkids complained they were cold back there last summer. Its plenty cool back there even in a Texas summer. Could care less about those little lights at the back of the radio knobs that a few people are complaining about. Would not of wanted back seat entertainment. Had that in my 2010 and never used it. I like both of my trucks just the way they are, I would not have purchased them otherwise.

OK. I have to ask. Where did you hear this information? Is it from a reputable source?

I think the big three generally start tooling up for new year models in March to June timeframe. Could whoever told you this be referring to 2015 changes?

If there is validity to the rumor, then I guess I'll just wait until Feb/Mar to make my order.

No it comes out when it's on the dash also. I tested it a few weeks back and it does blow both hot and cold. It might not be as good as the vents in center console like my 2000 Silverado, but at least it is getting air to the back.

Mike

If the shocks were currently leaking I would think they would put them in constraint and get it fixed immediately, right?

I can see a keyless coming, but I wouldn't imagine in a year model change that quick. Isn't as easy of an addition as just an ignition thing. I would think it would require New engineered entrance handles too to detect that you have it on you and some kinda entrance field. My last car with it knew when it left the car even a few feet.

I also wouldn't think they'd spend all that time on the new truck system and then rid of it a year later. I would assume the Tahoe was based off of its platform actually and perhaps just some new skins coming. If anything I wouldn't be shocked if they put a rear camera with a larger sensor in it. Pretty sure it's the same camera with a sensor made for the 2" terrain rear view mirror. However, if so it should be a swap for us. I know in 2008 when BMW had a x6 with a low res backup camera, the 2009 upgrade was easily upgraded in the old models

Don't think the push button start is coming to the trucks. When the debuted the Tahoe and Suburban they had the push button start in them and the interior lay out is quite a bit different from the trucks, so unless they are planning on making the SUV interior fit into the trucks, push button start probably isn't getting into the trucks until a major refresh or the next design.

Archived