2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

So I'm new to this forums and have a question relating to the GM/Borla exhaust.  My truck is a 2018 1500 Silverado LTZ 6.2 Crew Cab SWB.  I've spoken to customer service at https://accessories.chevrolet.com and then I've also spoken to a dealership near me and received conflicting answers.  I was interested in putting on Part No. 19303345, but the parts dept. at my dealership says it won't fit and chevrolet.com says it will fit.

Does anyone know which information is correct?  Only reason I am looking at this particular exhaust is I'd like the dual side exit, quietness of the touring muffler, but most of all the flapper to prevent the chopping in V4.  And that if I go with GM parts my warranty stay completely intact.

Any information that can be provided is greatly appreciated.  When I do a VIN lookup it says it won't fit and when I put in the specs of my truck I'm told it does fit.

Thanks in advance.

Part No. 19303345,  applies to the 2014-2016 Silverado 1500 6.2L and the 2016-2018 Sierra 1500 6.2L.  Why it is not listed for the 2018 Silverado I can not tell you!   The only performance exhaust listed for the 2018 Silverado is Part # 19303341 which is the Dual rear exit!

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2018 at 12:19 PM, 2WRDR said:

I'm looking at maybe the Borla Pro XS to replace my stock muffler.  My truck is a 2018 Silverado 5.3 w/just over 1K miles.  I just want a little more sound, hopefully deeper too.  I do not want a loud obnoxious exhaust.  Anyone know what Borla model # is for my truck?  If not, anyone know what size in/out I need, then I could research and find what model I need.  I looked under truck and it appears to be offset intake and center output and states reversible.  If it's 3" then maybe this is the one I want.  Borla Pro XS 40359 .  Thought I'd ask here before I order though since someone may know what I really need.

Thx in advance, Don

Just feedback on what I did.  Yes, I purchased the Borla ProXS Muffler on Amazon Borla 40359 .  Cold start might just be the loudest.  It did make a difference and sounds pretty good at full throttle.  As far as drone noise there is none.  Actually at highway speed I don't hear it at all unless I really get on it.  I would like it to be a little louder but worried taking the resonator out might make it have drone noise on the highway.  Hope that helps others interested in the muffler.  I did no other changes but swap out OEM muffler for this one.  The muffler is a straight through design with baffling but nothing directly blocking airflow.  As far as I can tell there is no real performance improvement just a somewhat better sound.

^ I too would recommend just swapping out the muffler if it's sound you're after. If you want looks, buy a nice looking exhaust tip. I have the GMPP Borla on mine and if I had the option to do it again, I'd save the money and just swap the exhaust. FYI my GMPP is rather loud for my taste, not obnoxiously loud but I wouldn't call it touring.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:25 AM, 2WRDR said:

Just feedback on what I did.  Yes, I purchased the Borla ProXS Muffler on Amazon Borla 40359 .  Cold start might just be the loudest.  It did make a difference and sounds pretty good at full throttle.  As far as drone noise there is none.  Actually at highway speed I don't hear it at all unless I really get on it.  I would like it to be a little louder but worried taking the resonator out might make it have drone noise on the highway.  Hope that helps others interested in the muffler.  I did no other changes but swap out OEM muffler for this one.  The muffler is a straight through design with baffling but nothing directly blocking airflow.  As far as I can tell there is no real performance improvement just a somewhat better sound.

I have a 2016 Silverado with the 5.3 and I swapped the muffler and it sounds great. I bought the BOR-40349 (VP) PRO XS MUFFLER its single in dual out and put 2 BOR-20162 Black chrome tips and it looks and sounds great 

On 12/30/2018 at 5:25 AM, 2WRDR said:

Where you able to just cut out the stock muffler and slide this one in? Did you connect it with Lap joint band clamps or did you have to weld it in?

Just got the gmpp 'Corsa' exhaust installed on my 2018 6.2.  Very impressed so far, no drone on highway and no helicopter sound when going down to 4 cylinders.  Just what I was looking for as far as sound, not too loud on cold start, quiet when cruising, sounds great when you get into the gas!!

On 1/5/2019 at 8:44 AM, Bmech said:

Just got the gmpp 'Corsa' exhaust installed on my 2018 6.2.  Very impressed so far, no drone on highway and no helicopter sound when going down to 4 cylinders.  Just what I was looking for as far as sound, not too loud on cold start, quiet when cruising, sounds great when you get into the gas!!

Congrats! I have the Borla but both are great systems...nice to actually hear that L86 doing its job ?

7 hours ago, SS502 said:

Congrats! I have the Borla but both are great systems...nice to actually hear that L86 doing its job ?

It came really close to getting the Borla, they sound great!  I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

• Like 1

-Speed Engineering Headers

-Dual 3" Pipes

-Dual 3" X-Pipes

-Dual Magnaflows

This Video is me Climbing + Towing, for more videos, visit my channel, views are appreciated:

• Like 1