2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

4 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Gotcha. Kind of wish I would've fine that route, I just had a pipe welded in for the resonator and kept the stock piping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can probably go to a reputable shop and they can put new piping and new tips on the truck for prolly under $200. I live in Houston area so I go to Aces Performance for anything exhaust wise. They have always done my truck right. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 7:12 AM, KARNUT said:

I’ve been using custom benders for 40 years. The are cheaper you can customized your exhaust to your liking. On my 14 I went with muffler delete, it wasn’t very loud. Later I added magaflo for a different tone. I’m continually amazed that people will pay over a grand for mail order exhaust and install it themselves. A little online searching can result in finding a custom bender.

Who's your bender in the area?  I need to have my stock muffler and resonator removed and replaced with Carven or some other aftermarket muffler.  

On 2/7/2019 at 4:51 PM, Jared Walters said:

You can probably go to a reputable shop and they can put new piping and new tips on the truck for prolly under $200. I live in Houston area so I go to Aces Performance for anything exhaust wise. They have always done my truck right. 

I've been using Ace as well. Robert is installing headers on mine in a few days.. 

Who's your bender in the area?  I need to have my stock muffler and resonator removed and replaced with Carven or some other aftermarket muffler.  

Auto Pro, Conroe Texas

• Like 1

I’ve been using Auto Pro for years. They are the only place I will take my trucks and cars.

Joey is a friend of our family. He’s done S/C install for us and work on everything when we been too busy to do it ourselves. Anytime you go by he’s got a classic of some kind being worked on.

Which Aces location do you visit?

11 hours ago, jimbrown1 said:

I use the Pasadena location because it’s closer. It’s probably the most common used one now since it’s newer and bigger and nicer. They have a dyno there as well. Im gonna be going back soon to get corsa style tips put back on. I had some before but had an issue with not getting flow equally out both sides and it had a weird whistles type noise to it at WOT. But they are good guys there. They installed my headers and catless Y as well. I had the Carven TR and it was pretty loud with the headers. Switched over to a 24” magnaflow and it helped a lot. 

Has anyone welded in the Borla 400130 that used to be sold under GM performance parts 19131347?  It’s the S type muffler that sounds good on start up and when you accelerate while staying relatively quiet on the highway with no drone.  I bought it in 2012 for $72 and now Borla and other sites sell it for over $200.  Borla says when GM stopped offering it there was such a demand that they continued to market it.  

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got back from the shop and had my guy remove my resonator and install some tips and OMG, The Magnaflow 12259 with the resonator was nice over stock and provided a low tone sound but now without the resonator the sound is more throaty and minimal increase in db while at idle and honestly lower db at cruising speed. More db while accelerating but that is expected. 

I wish my cell phone would pick up the sound better. 

• Like 2

I had the Borla 400130 installed today in place of the OEM muffler.  There is hardly any change.  Do the 3rd cats on these trucks really muffle the exhaust that much?  I left the resonator on because the shop said it was straight through and didn't have any effect on the exhaust.  It doesn't sound any louder at start up than before.

Might should have gotten the Magnaflow 12259 like others on here have said.  Ugh! 

Can you clean out the 3rd cat and reinstall it so it looks like nothing was done?