2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Doesn't sound too bad Langston1726. Glad to see you on here. I'm Matt from YouTube. How did the header install go?

Not bad at all really. Hardest part was getting the old stuff out. I had a little interference with the driver side primary and the frame but a quick y pipe adjustment took care of it. I’m actually pretty happy with the TSPs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed some Texas Speed longtubes with catted Y pipe and a Blackwidow Venom 250. Little bit on the raspy side and I’m pretty sure the cold starts wake the dead. I’m sure my neighbors are happy. I’m going to put a AFe resonator in front of the muffler to tone in down a touch.

That sounds beautiful. How much did the whole setup run you? I'm running a venom 250 as well, minus headers and y pipe

• Like 1

That sounds beautiful. How much did the whole setup run you? I'm running a venom 250 as well, minus headers and y pipe

The Venom 250 sounded good with manifolds but it is way to airy and raspy with long tubes. I switched it out with a Borla XR-1 and it’s much better. I got the headers brand new from another forum member. I probably have less than $800 in the whole system. Headers/Y pipe and 2 different mufflers.

• Like 2

Hi all!!  I'm the new guy on the block.  I read thru most of this thread and noticed that a lot of people prefer to buy an exhaust that minimizes/eliminates the V4 drone instead of tuning it out.  Is that for warranty purposes or is there another reason that people don't wanna go the tuning route?

I currently have a Dodge Ram but will be trading it in very soon for a 2016 Sierra SLT.  I'm putting together my mod list for the truck and am wading thru exhaust options.  I like a nice, aggressive rumble so I'm definitely thinking that I'll go with some Texas Speed longtubes with the catted Y pipe.  Not entirely sure what I'm gonna go with for the catback yet tho.  I'm planning on tuning out the V4 (as I did on my Ram).  

Hi all!!  I'm the new guy on the block.  I read thru most of this thread and noticed that a lot of people prefer to buy an exhaust that minimizes/eliminates the V4 drone instead of tuning it out.  Is that for warranty purposes or is there another reason that people don't wanna go the tuning route?

I currently have a Dodge Ram but will be trading it in very soon for a 2016 Sierra SLT.  I'm putting together my mod list for the truck and am wading thru exhaust options.  I like a nice, aggressive rumble so I'm definitely thinking that I'll go with some Texas Speed longtubes with the catted Y pipe.  Not entirely sure what I'm gonna go with for the catback yet tho.  I'm planning on tuning out the V4 (as I did on my Ram).  
The ram v4 sounds way better and is very tolerable compared to the Chevy. The"pulse" is quicker. The 5.3 sounds like those guys in a marching band with the big drums behind you. If it sounded like the ram... I bet most wouldn't complain.

3 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

The ram v4 sounds way better and is very tolerable compared to the Chevy. The"pulse" is quicker. The 5.3 sounds like those guys in a marching band with the big drums behind you. If it sounded like the ram... I bet most wouldn't complain.

Interesting.  I didn't know that it was so much more pronounced in the 5.3.  In my mind, that would be even more reason to just tune it out.  Why don't more folks do that?

Interesting.  I didn't know that it was so much more pronounced in the 5.3.  In my mind, that would be even more reason to just tune it out.  Why don't more folks do that?
I'd say it's the chance of voiding warranty that many dont tune it out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Riddick1224 said:

That’s one of the reasons I’m buying a Superchips tuner before I do my exhaust. That way I can tune the AFM off and save the stock tune if I need to put it back.

Yep!  That's my plan as well.

That’s one of the reasons I’m buying a Superchips tuner before I do my exhaust. That way I can tune the AFM off and save the stock tune if I need to put it back.

GM keeps a flash count on the ECM. Even if you put the stock tune back, they'll still be able to see that it was tuned. Just a heads up

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/28/2019 at 11:29 AM, jgraves13 said:

On 3/27/2019 at 4:56 PM, Riddick1224 said:

GM keeps a flash count on the ECM. Even if you put the stock tune back, they'll still be able to see that it was tuned. Just a heads up

Yeap... The 2014+ (Or any of the new LT engine computer is basically a "black box"... it saves the times it has been flashed, and which parameters were changed. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 3:32 PM, Rich7930 said:

Picture attached explains it, basically an adjustable closed end pipe that keeps the drone out with magic haha but it really does work you adjust it based on your final gear Rpm/speed on the freeway and adjust it till you hear little to no drone, mine came pre adjusted with the kit 

44F3E576-7080-413C-AE32-681FE8EDFA0E.png

This works... I had done a few now, but all the ones I have done are dual exhaust, so I don't know the formula for a single pipe. The formula for my Silverado gave me a tube thats between 28-32" long for each bank, and that's for an RPM range from 1800 (for the 28) and 1600 for the 32). I am changing the mufflers and the routing on my exhaust so once I am done I will see if the drone changes in RPM's before I make them.