2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

On 6/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, Racindave said:

Just FYI. I went back and pinned the flapper open yesterday and there is definitely a helicopter sound. I wouldn’t want to run it in v4 without the flapper. 

I unbolted the stock exhaust after the 3rd cat for shits and grins to see what it's like uncorked. V4 under load makes it seem like the truck is going to shake apart. V4 when under no load is hardly different from V8. V8 is fun when you can hear it. I was thinking of slapping a Carven Cat Back on it, but I hit a deer and have a $1000 deductible :sigh:

It's at a shop right now.

• 3 weeks later...
Added a stealth mode to my setup.   Noweeds.net Diverter off my ARH/Corsa Sport setup to a stock muffler.   The wife appreciates it lol.  
20190727_194651.thumb.jpg.2e5481ca65bc2badd7b51e0d404d155e.jpg
20190727_130954.thumb.jpg.a3c97a4dd533ed0b21e869fd954474a0.jpg

That’s badass man. Did you just remove the spare to get the stocker to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swapped out my Blackwidow muffler awhile back with a Borla Atak crate muffler and a Dynomax Ultraflo in front of the muffler. I want to put a cam in this thing so bad. Set up is in the video description.

How is it compared to the black widow?

It’s much louder. The BW would sort of peak out on sound as where the Borla just gets louder the more pedal you give it. The BW also had an annoying fluttery sound under light throttle. The Borla seems to be the right amount of rasp, throatiness, and tone. No drone either.

• Like 1

This is my current setup (the only good pic I have). Summit Racing Corsa tips with a Corsa Touring muffler alongside catless y-pipe with Kooks LTs. It’s a lightning-style side exit that comes out before the rear tire.

I’m looking to swap the muffler for a 3.5 Magnaflow.

0A460E31-8913-4D96-B7C7-2F5A5AB75E79.png

Edited by Omarios

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Yondu said:

Is the OEM muffler and resonator both a straight through design?

Resinator is straight trough.

Stock muffler is restrictive. 

I can't find a cutaway of a 2014+ muffler but here is a pic of the previous generation GMT900 truck muffler cut open

image.thumb.png.b0bac3611e0981f94a211e599b033206.png

Thanks for the info. Someone had said they are both straight through, so I wasn't sure what a new muffler would do. 

I'm considering replacing the muffler and flapper with the Magnaflow 12589.  22" muffler.  And leaving the stock resonator. 

If like to keep the v4 mode though and have it setup to only be active above 60mph, for free way cruising.