2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

On 6/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, Jchoi said:

Can anyone comment on the SLP side exit exhaust for the 5.3 I terms of loudness and V4 drone? Ty. 

This! Thank you I’m wanting to know the same thing...seems like a decent exhaust but can’t find any real world useful reviews of it...

holy heck, I've read so much of this thread my head is ready to explode lol. 

6.2, can't decide if I want to straight pipe and delete flapper or Magnaflow 12909 keep/leave flapper. Then we have that 3rd resonator, oh what to do. 

Like slightly throaty, but I don't want annoying when I tow the trailer. 

choices choices 

On 7/8/2018 at 1:43 AM, Rich7930 said:

This! Thank you I’m wanting to know the same thing...seems like a decent exhaust but can’t find any real world useful reviews of it...

Well, I ordered it, so I’ll eventually have some information for you. 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:19 PM, contenderv07 said:

can anyone recommend an exhaust that is about the same loudness level as a the borla touring?? I love the way it sounds but damn they're expensive

I had mine cut off forward of the muffler and installed 2 Borla black chrome tips pn#

BOR-20162  $78.99 each and a Borla muffler VP) PRO XS MUFFLER pn#BOR-40349  $136.99 from Summit Racing and had it installed at a shop and total cost was about $625 parts and labor. This is about half the cost of the cat back system Borla offers. and it sounds awesome 

5 hours ago, Rich7930 said:

Any updates for us??

I received the exhaust just the other day, but I haven’t had time to install. I’ve been preoccupied trying to get my bumper fixed after a guy thumped me at a red light. Initial impressions are good on the construction. Heavy duty stainless and th welds are nicely constructed.  The tip looks good, and they give you extra hardware and pipes for all configurations (which seemed strange a first) I’d say the muffler is 18” or so.  Because I have the cc with the short box, I’ll have to make one cut on the pipe because I’ll have to use the pipe for the 143 “ and and 153”.  Installation seems really straightforward. I’m hoping to use a lift I have access to. I’ll post some pics when I get it installed, but I’m not exactly sure when that will be. Sorry about the delay. 

On 7/3/2018 at 2:51 PM, Sooperdave said:

Finally bit the bullet on an exhaust...  I was itchin for a little more power and sound.  Ended up with the MBRP Aluminized S5086AL 3.5" system after some good reviews of the sound.   Very happy!  Found a killer deal in the Amazon Warehouse..$268 shipped. Parts came in brand new, intact, and with all hardware. Score! I decided to order the Summit SS lapband clamps to use for connecting points instead of the U-bolt clamps so no crimping.  Got the old sewer pipe out in 1pc just in case I wanted to swap it back for some reason.  Installed the new system sewer system piece by piece and everything went together perfect although I did have to massage one hanger.  Snugged all the clamps checked for clearance, then tightened them up.  I'll do a recheck of all the clamp bolts after running a few hot/cold cycles.  Sounds really good!  It's quite a bit louder but I like it.  It honestly feels like there is more usable power down low.  Seems stronger on little bursts when I mash the go pedal. 

exhaust.jpeg

exhaust2.jpeg

exhaust3.jpeg

exhaust4.jpeg

exhaust5.jpeg

exhaust6.jpeg

I just installed the same system. Got it for a little over $300. Love the sound and look. 

12 hours ago, Jchoi said:

I received the exhaust just the other day, but I haven’t had time to install. I’ve been preoccupied trying to get my bumper fixed after a guy thumped me at a red light. Initial impressions are good on the construction. Heavy duty stainless and th welds are nicely constructed.  The tip looks good, and they give you extra hardware and pipes for all configurations (which seemed strange a first) I’d say the muffler is 18” or so.  Because I have the cc with the short box, I’ll have to make one cut on the pipe because I’ll have to use the pipe for the 143 “ and and 153”.  Installation seems really straightforward. I’m hoping to use a lift I have access to. I’ll post some pics when I get it installed, but I’m not exactly sure when that will be. Sorry about the delay. 

Oh man sorry to hear that, I picked up a Cherry bomb Vortex muffler, hoping to have it put on this afternoon and do a short video. Having the muffler shop keep the factory valve in front of the muffler as well as the rear resonator for now.. If it doesn’t drone and still sounds good I’ll keep it, depending on how you feel about the SLP :) 

Had the Cherry Bomb Vortex put on yesterday. Had the resonator at the end removed and had them keep the 4cy mode valve/flapper.  Not to happy with the sound, has a bit of rasp not sure if that's the tip or the muffler making the sound. Under 65mph you cant even really tell its back there, anything above 65mph you do get drone and that might just be because i have a 6 speed so around 70-75mph im nearly right at 2k rpm. Strange thing is i still get a bit of chop in 4cyl mode. Im wondering if they messed something up with the flapper valve.  I have a Corsa system sitting in my shed from my 2015 Canyon that I had before the Silverado. Im thinking i might just take that Corsa muffler and have it put on ha. Oh well the trial and error continues for the elusive perfect exhaust...

Any exhaust that produces sound over stock is going to produce the chopper sound. If you could do anything else you’d have rice rockets sounding like V8s. Factory tuned exhaust have done a good job tuning V6s and 4cylinders. They still don’t sound like V8s. It can’t happen. You have to make stay in V8 mode, it’s they only way. Anything else is fantasy lane. If want to get rid of all drone even in V8 mode, true duals no cross over. Been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Any exhaust that produces sound over stock is going to produce the chopper sound. If you could do anything else you’d have rice rockets sounding like V8s. Factory tuned exhaust have done a good job tuning V6s and 4cylinders. They still don’t sound like V8s. It can’t happen. You have to make stay in V8 mode, it’s they only way. Anything else is fantasy lane. If want to get rid of all drone even in V8 mode, true duals no cross over. Been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh believe me I know ive had lots of trucks but im just at that age (36) where i dont want something annoying the crap out of me that i have to drive every day. There is always going to be drone its just depends on what you are willing to tolerate and everyone is different... This cherry bomb vortex when on the freeway is not horrible but its still there..turn on the A/C and the radio and boom its gone... I do about 40 miles a day on the freeway and here in California thats 70mph plus with the cruise control on which is prime speed for drone. On the streets no drone what so ever just the freeways.