2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

It will sit level but it wont appear level.  The rear fender on k2 trucks sits lower.   A 4/6 on dc and cc should appear level

Looks like les schwabs threw all my parts away. So I'll have to buy oem hangers/shackles again to go the extra inch.  

4 hours ago, Daly said:

They didn't give you back the stock parts? Any shop I've ever had do work for me had always given me back the stock parts, as long as they are reusable. 

Nope. Threw everything away. But apparently the 7" kit in the rear isn't just the shackle difference like I thought. The leaf spring purch, trans spacer, axle saddles, u bolts, leaf hangers, shackles. All different just for that additional inch.  I'm kinda blown away. Comes as a kit. So I ordered it. Which means i now have a 6" rear drop kit for sale lol. Thanks for everyone's help.  Fyi part #6525 is the 5 or 6" drop. And #6526 is the 7" drop.  

A flip kit drops you 7''. 

The only difference in the kits is that the 5 or 6 inch kit comes with lift hangers to raise the rear back up to a 5 or 6 inch drop from the 7'' the flip kit gives you.  

2 hours ago, qwank said:

A flip kit drops you 7''. 

The only difference in the kits is that the 5 or 6 inch kit comes with lift hangers to raise the rear back up to a 5 or 6 inch drop from the 7'' the flip kit gives you.  

Ok, so that's what I currently have. I was confused because I was told at the dealership it was the 4/7 kit. After going to schwabs who installed it. They told me no, it was the 4/6. So I called the belltech distributor and they told me I ordered the #6525 and it was for the 5 or 6. With like you said the lift hangers. And I needed the #6526 which aparently does not. They also said ubolts are longer, and leaf spring purch is bigger and some other things. None of it really made since to me. I'm just going off what they told me. I know one thing. Les schwabs does not know what they are talking about regarding the drop kit. 

I simply do not like the little bit of rake it currently has. It may not be much but I noticed it as soon as I got it home. Seeing pics online of the 4/7 and looking at my truck. There is too much gap in the fender.

I'm completely new to this. So sorry if I'm boring everyone. And thank you for your help.

The only way I could see the 7'' perches being different would be because they might set the rear axle at a different pinion angle than the 5/6 kit. 

It's weird, I have to have a tiny bit of rake, but some people hate it.  lol

So after much communication between belltech and les schwabs. What a headache. 

I purchased the truck with a said to be 4/7 kit on it. I kept looking at photos and at my trucks stance and it didnt look accurate. 

So schwabs said they put a 4/7 on it. It was much higher. After reading part numbers and seeing the rear hanger I knew they had not. 

I went back in to schwabs and they did a bit of research and told me they did the 4/6 which is what I figured. Well, belltech told schwabs that the 5 and 6 inch in the rear is completely different than the 7"  (aparently this is why they do not only sell the rear leaf hangers, but as a complete kit which baffles me because it's the only thing I can tell is different) so i paid the 220 for the 7" kit. I'm taking it back to them tomorrow to complete beit's free. It's free. Today, I was looking under my struts and noticed multiple rings. I was told by belltech that for the 4" drop i only needed 1 10mm ring installed. So now schwabs will be fixing that as well.

This is why I work on my own things. Granted I'm not a mechanic, but even i can follow instructions. 

Not sure if anyone is reading my posts. Lol I'm sure its comical. I love fixing what other have done.

So after tearing into my front end. I found that schwabs added (3) .8mm spacers on top of the 10mm. So after removing the .8mm spacers, my front end is sitting correctly. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

As for my rear end. I ordered the oem rear hangers (because schwabs threw mine away) and .5" belltech shackle so that I can get my 7" drop.  

My tire up front is too big. (Fender is damn near sitting on top of the tire) Running 305/40r22 toyo proxie 2. Which sucks because they are brand new. But perhaps I'll only have to replace to 2 front and I can still run the same size in the rear.

20180929_094743.jpg

1 hour ago, 17gmclowlow said:

Not sure if anyone is reading my posts. Lol I'm sure its comical. I love fixing what other have done.

So after tearing into my front end. I found that schwabs added (3) .8mm spacers on top of the 10mm. So after removing the .8mm spacers, my front end is sitting correctly. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

As for my rear end. I ordered the oem rear hangers (because schwabs threw mine away) and .5" belltech shackle so that I can get my 7" drop.  

My tire up front is too big. (Fender is damn near sitting on top of the tire) Running 305/40r22 toyo proxie 2. Which sucks because they are brand new. But perhaps I'll only have to replace to 2 front and I can still run the same size in the rear.

20180929_094743.jpg

.5 shackle? 

25 minutes ago, Nasty said:

.5 shackle? 

So according to belltech "sarah"  they said the 7" flip kit comes with their .5" shackle?? Mine currently has the factory shackle with the 1 or 2" lift hanger. Is this untrue? I really dont trust their info right now.

29 minutes ago, 17gmclowlow said:

So according to belltech "sarah"  they said the 7" flip kit comes with their .5" shackle?? Mine currently has the factory shackle with the 1 or 2" lift hanger. Is this untrue? I really dont trust their info right now.

Flip kit with oem hanger and oem shackle is 7" drop

Sarah needs to be fired

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

Flip kit with oem hanger and oem shackle is 7" drop

Sarah needs to be fired

Ok thanks for that info. Belltech tech support told me I had to have their .5" shackle so I ordered it. I'll make sure to return it. Thank you very much for the info. Always trying to sell you something you dont need. So would the .5" shackle actually raised me up since it shorter than the oem shackle?

8 minutes ago, 17gmclowlow said:

Ok thanks for that info. Belltech tech support told me I had to have their .5" shackle so I ordered it. I'll make sure to return it. Thank you very much for the info. Always trying to sell you something you dont need. So would the .5" shackle actually raised me up since it shorter than the oem shackle?

Whats the part number of that shackle.  ive never heard of a .5" shackle