2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

1 hour ago, Dinner said:

Looks great, since you got the 1012SP kit that has the 2" coils, struts and spindles what combination of spacers did you use to get to the total 4 inches?  How much if any rub are you getting with the 285/40R22 as well? 

Dinner, Thanks! I’ll have to look at my notes when I get home and I’ll get back to you on the spacers. I can’t remember off the top of my head. The directions were confusing so I called the tech guy at BellTech and he was fantastic. He confirmed what I needed and it worked out perfectly. Thebtires haven’t rubbed at all. I actually really loved the look of my 14 Silverado that was lowered 5/7 but it did rub some and didn’t ride very well. That’s why I only went 4/6 this time. Thanks again for the compliments 

1 hour ago, SirenRed16 said:

Mcgaughys but I'm certain Beltech is similar

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Belltech is different. They can raise up to 2" and only lower down to  2" 

Edited by Dinner

Currently have a leveling kit on my 15.  It is a 2wd, and I am thinking about dropping the front back down to stock and pulling the blocks.  I guess that would consider me "lowered".

Anyone went from leveled set up to stock/lowered?  Happy you did?  No rear blocks make a drastic impact?  I feel as if stock with no blocks would ride lightyears better than leveled front and blocks in the back.. but maybe I am wrong?

Only pulling the blocks on a crew cab isnt a drastic difference in looks or ride quality.  Most people wont even notice the difference in looks or ride.  Now going from lifted to no blocks may improve the ride but stock to no blocks isnt noticable IMO.

• Like 1

Does anyone have advice on lowering the rear end on a 2015 Silverado 4x4. I would be towing a boat on most weekends, is this a variable to consider when lowering the rearend?
Depends how low you go

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, DirtyMarcus said:

Only pulling the blocks on a crew cab isnt a drastic difference in looks or ride quality.  Most people wont even notice the difference in looks or ride.  Now going from lifted to no blocks may improve the ride but stock to no blocks isnt noticable IMO.

Yea, it is a crew.  I am not really worried about it being perfectly level, but I think the 1" or so will help.. at least in my head it will.  It will be going from a 2.5" level to stock front and rear block removal.  Had the same setup when I bought the truck, but it was with 20s.  Have 18s now (just switched the tires to a 32" in anticipation of dropping back to stock).  

Current set up (sans tires):

9PNWn5E.jpg

Front end is color matched for the most part, but got a new bumper and will be painting it white in the coming week.  Rear too.  Pulling the running boards when I drop back down to stock.  Might go back to 20s in the future, but I love the ride of 18s.

What it looked like before I started color matching/switched wheels:

C6W55cl.jpg

Going for this look without the wheels for time being:

bFwomNb.jpg

This is what I will be doing on Monday next week.

https://www.suspensionsuperstore.com/2015-2018-gmc-sierra-denali-1500-2wd-4wd-2-rear-leveling-kit-prs-152l/

Also adding a rod adjustment to the Magneride sensor. Lastly will still take truck to GMC dealer to perform a "trim level relearn" as the shackle kit suggests.

Should have about a 1" rake and when towing trailer will be level.

Looking forward to the subtle but visible difference. This is pretty close to the look it will be afterwards. f24127ebb4b0284872199f7d7e0f08a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

This is what I will be doing on Monday next week.

https://www.suspensionsuperstore.com/2015-2018-gmc-sierra-denali-1500-2wd-4wd-2-rear-leveling-kit-prs-152l/

Also adding a rod adjustment to the Magneride sensor. Lastly will still take truck to GMC dealer to perform a "trim level relearn" as the shackle kit suggests.

Should have about a 1" rake and when towing trailer will be level.

Looking forward to the subtle but visible difference. This is pretty close to the look it will be afterwards. f24127ebb4b0284872199f7d7e0f08a5.jpg

Good looking truck! What year?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had the back end dropped 2+ inches used maxtrac drop shackles/shock extenders and a way to adjust Magneride sensor rods without needing a trim level relearn. Rides as good or better than it did stock. Much smoother than original ride on the 22s if being honest.

Left about a 1" rake and is working well with my trailers to be near level with them on 5a5cfb9bb5144dcb84d9891b0c0d4f17.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, pretty new to the forum. Not trying to beat a dead horse here but after basically reading the entire thread I’m still not sure which parts/kit I need to drop my truck. It’s a 2018 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4wd. I think I want to go 2/4 or 3/5 as it’s my daily and don’t want to lose too much functionality with it. Just want a better ride and stance. I already have the belltech 2” drop shackles in the rear, the axle block is still there, And stock stamped steel arms up front. Tires are stock Bridgestone 285/45/22. Have been on both belltech and McGaughys sites and didn’t know if I needed a whole kit or if certain parts could get me there. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Edited by StormTrooperChevyGuy