2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

18 hours ago, Dinner said:

Let me know what you think when you get them. I'd like to know if they're any longer and/or skinner than the Belltech ones. 

They are longer than thr belltech ones by about 1/2" or so

Tons of info in this thread - I've read through most of it, but didn't find the answer, so I thought I'd ask before I pull the trigger.

I have an '18 Denali with factory 22's - I'm looking to lower it. Probably going with the MCG kit over the Bell which seems to get mixed reviews. The only kit I see for 4wd is 34310 - Do I need anything extra for the Magna-ride stuff? 

Anything else I should add while I'm doing it?

TIA

2 hours ago, Shibbby911 said:

Got the shackles in today. Thanks man I’m gunna put them on Saturday and I’ll take some pics to show if they rub or not

What i may do is buy a flip hanger and use that shackle to bring me down to 6.5.  Iwant to lift the back half an inch 

On 3/7/2019 at 5:03 PM, Nasty said:

They are longer than thr belltech ones by about 1/2" or so

Sweet, I ordered one for my brother's 16 RCSB Sierra that we'll be lowering this month if the weather is good 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:10 PM, Nasty said:

What i may do is buy a flip hanger and use that shackle to bring me down to 6.5.  Iwant to lift the back half an inch 

I was going to do the same thing but I just can't bring myself to cut of the OE hanger off the frame - I'd rather run the short shackle and deal with the firmer ride. 

Edited by Dinner

When I have a day off work I need to scour this thread for photos of 2/4 drops. That is my next big project. Probably do wheels at the same time.
Here's a pic of my my previous truck that was on a 2/4 drop with 22" wheelsfa5ffa8d9c2c363f2d1aefbfdadee9f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

Here's a pic of my my previous truck that was on a 2/4 drop with 22" wheelsfa5ffa8d9c2c363f2d1aefbfdadee9f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks great! I think I'm going to stick with 20s and use summer tires, then switch back to the oem wheels for winter. Which kit did you use? I'm leaning towards belltech.

I’m in a similar boat.

my Wheels and Tires (22s) are currently in transit. In the next couple of months I hope to order spindles for the front, and 2” lowering shackles and remove the rubber block between the leafs and the the axel. Should be about 2/3.5ish. Based on the truck above, should be exactly where I want to start. Should maintain a little rake when empty and level out when I have my bike in the back ?

will I need new, shorter bolts in the rear and what about shock extenders? Anything else I am forgetting?

Krunch

Edited by krunch

Tons of info in this thread - I've read through most of it, but didn't find the answer, so I thought I'd ask before I pull the trigger.  I have an '18 Denali with factory 22's - I'm looking to lower it. Probably going with the MCG kit over the Bell which seems to get mixed reviews. The only kit I see for 4wd is 34310 - Do I need anything extra for the Magna-ride stuff? 

Anything else I should add while I'm doing it?

TIA

I too have 18 Denali crewcab with the standard bed with a 2 inch MCG spindle drop on the front and a 5 inch max track flip kit in the rear with a plate provided along with new rods for the magnaride truck rides greatIMG_0807.thumb.jpg.69d35da0d85697913da214451d0990ee.jpg9ed7dbfd90fd9980d529d630b78e90cc.jpgc0e420a85d4157859e036f1a4d17fd7b.jpg 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks TWill - Love the way your truck looks! Looks like I can't buy anything anyway - Nothing for sale on McGaughys site - and no one else seems to have any stock until next month... wonder what's up with that

• Like 1

Thanks TWill - Love the way your truck looks! Looks like I can't buy anything anyway - Nothing for sale on McGaughys site - and no one else seems to have any stock until next month... wonder what's up with that
You have to buy through this website.
https://www.suspensionsuperstore.com

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk