2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

On 3/12/2019 at 8:53 AM, CombsL83 said:

When I have a day off work I need to scour this thread for photos of 2/4 drops. That is my next big project. Probably do wheels at the same time.

Here's two pics of mine when it was 2/4 to help you out, one with 18s, one with 22s 

2.3.5drop.jpg.12bccc458937ba0299e1e2e4c1482767.jpg

2.3.5drop2.jpg.49593b12a5d853a605ecfd24673389e7.jpg

1 hour ago, qwank said:

Here's two pics of mine when it was 2/4 to help you out, one with 18s, one with 22s 

2.3.5drop.jpg.12bccc458937ba0299e1e2e4c1482767.jpg

2.3.5drop2.jpg.49593b12a5d853a605ecfd24673389e7.jpg

Love it. Z28 replicas? If so where did you get them? They are at the top of my list for wheels.

Thanks TWill - Love the way your truck looks! Looks like I can't buy anything anyway - Nothing for sale on McGaughys site - and no one else seems to have any stock until next month... wonder what's up with that

Thanks man you can also go to switch suspension they carry the spindles you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had the ihc shackles on for a little over a week now they don’t rub. They did squeak at 1st but I loosened them up a little and they seem good now so far. 

Thanks to nasty for hooking me up with them 
The shackles Nastu sent you are the 1" lift shackles right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Shibbby911 said:

I’ve had the ihc shackles on for a little over a week now they don’t rub. They did squeak at 1st but I loosened them up a little and they seem good now so far. 

Thanks to nasty for hooking me up with them 

Need a picture of how close the bolt is to the mount on them

On 3/14/2019 at 1:11 AM, CombsL83 said:

Love it. Z28 replicas? If so where did you get them? They are at the top of my list for wheels.

Yep, they're replicas of the M228 wheel for the Z28 and MRR makes them: https://www.mrrwheels.com/products/t228

As far as online suppliers, carid.com and elementwheels.com both sell them. If you have a Discount Tire around, they can order these wheels though they don't show up on the website, even when searching by wheels size instead of what fits the truck. I just ordered a set through them and can't wait to put them on the truck!

Edited by Silvophile
Add more info

2 hours ago, Shibbby911 said:

I still haven’t noticed it rubbing 

Perfect, I have a set sitting at my US postal box ready for pick up for my brother's truck we just finished yesterday...

2016 SLE 5.3 2WD 

Belltech 2" spindles (Part # 2514) 

Belltech 2" strut (Part # 25004) - 10mm spacer on DF - no spacer on PF to counter for "Chevy Lean" 

McG 7" flip kit (Part # 34147)

Belltech rear shocks (Part # 2214FF)

Belltech 2 degree pinion shims 

285/40R22 Nitto 420S - No rubbing until you are at full lock you get some contact on the front fender liner - very livable. 

Camber came in at -1.1 on both sides which is more than ok.

3" 7/8 of drop in the front.

7" 3/4 of drop in the rear.

Now I knew we'd end up with roughly 1/8-1/4" of cali lean but he's got an extremely heavy tonneau cover so once it's removed and the 1" IHC lift shackle is in we should be a nice height in the rear as we are currently riding on bump stops - That being said it's rides really well. The McG bump stops are quite long but fairly soft so they seem to be helping with cushioning the rear

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1686.JPG

Edited by Dinner

Fender to centre of wheel measurements of the truck above if anyone is interested...

LF - 17"             RF - 16" 7/8 
LR - 16" 3/4      RR - 16" 3/4

1" IHC lift shackle will aid a lot - He's looking into doing a mini C notch or helper bags. We can't get over how heavy the tonneau cover is lol

4 hours ago, Dinner said:

Fender to centre of wheel measurements of the truck above if anyone is interested...

LF - 17"             RF - 16" 7/8 
LR - 16" 3/4      RR - 16" 3/4

1" IHC lift shackle will aid a lot - He's looking into doing a mini C notch or helper bags. We can't get over how heavy the tonneau cover is lol

With the inez shackle can you get a measurment? Bottom of frame to axle bump pad