2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

6 hours ago, TrueRider said:

I am new member to this forum and I have a question about lowering kits. I've read all the way back to page 146 and it seem like the best way to go is either Belltech or McGaugheys for a 4/6 drop kit on my 2014 Crew cab Silverado. I have the opportunity to purchase a INEZ 4/6 lower and upper A arm flip kit for a very good price and its tempting. What are the pros and cons with this kit. Should I stay away from this kit? Thanks  

Inez sucks ass.  Its a copy of the djm which is also crap but its actually worse.  Youll be swapping out the upper balljoint once or twice a year minimum.  

If you want a 4/6. Go with mcg.  Belltech is fine but usually at 4" in front youll need the offset bushings.   Im at 4.5 with mcg in front. And nk alignment issues 

Hey guys!

Just ordered my McG spindles, 2" lowering shackles, and shock extenders (just in case) today. I am removing the block as well from the axle, but forgot to address the "Spacers" I need as the consensus here seems to be that its ok to reuse the old bolts. I know Belltech has a spacer in their kit, trying to see if I can order that separately. I think I've heard to use washers as well? What type, size, and quantity? Using washers sounds kinda hackish to me but I may have no other option. I've seen replacement bolt P/N: 15002781 referenced here as being shorter but Rock Auto's price is about $23 a piece plus shipping and it says it's not for my 2016. Any other suggestions besides flat washers I should consider?

Thanx,

Krunch

2 minutes ago, krunch said:

Hey guys!

Just ordered my McG spindles, 2" lowering shackles, and shock extenders (just in case) today. I am removing the block as well from the axle, but forgot to address the "Spacers" I need as the consensus here seems to be that its ok to reuse the old bolts. I know Belltech has a spacer in their kit, trying to see if I can order that separately. I think I've heard to use washers as well? What type, size, and quantity? Using washers sounds kinda hackish to me but I may have no other option. I've seen replacement bolt P/N: 15002781 referenced here as being shorter but Rock Auto's price is about $23 a piece plus shipping and it says it's not for my 2016. Any other suggestions besides flat washers I should consider?

Thanx,

Krunch

I didnt need the spacers until i pulled out the overload leaf. You should be fine without them

Much thread left on the bolts when you torqued them down? Odd that Belltech offers a "Spacer" with their kit if they are not needed.

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row for when I drop my truck off to my guy to lower it. I don't want, and can't afford delays when doing this.

Thanx,

Krunch

1 hour ago, krunch said:

Much thread left on the bolts when you torqued them down? Odd that Belltech offers a "Spacer" with their kit if they are not needed.

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row for when I drop my truck off to my guy to lower it. I don't want, and can't afford delays when doing this.

Thanx,

Krunch

For me it was fine. 

2 hours ago, Nasty said:

Inez sucks ass.  Its a copy of the djm which is also crap but its actually worse.  Youll be swapping out the upper balljoint once or twice a year minimum.  

If you want a 4/6. Go with mcg.  Belltech is fine but usually at 4" in front youll need the offset bushings.   Im at 4.5 with mcg in front. And nk alignment issues 

Thanks for the info I guess I'm going to have to pass on the INEZ and get MCG 

Thanx,
Krunch
For me, the biggest advantage of the spacer is it was that much less distance you had to tighten down the bolts. I didn't have access to air tools and was doing it by hand so would've taken a lot longer to tighten down the nuts, lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, jcfountain33 said:

For me, the biggest advantage of the spacer is it was that much less distance you had to tighten down the bolts. I didn't have access to air tools and was doing it by hand so would've taken a lot longer to tighten down the nuts, lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can you describe the spacers / know the diameter, length, and hole size by any chance?

Thanx,

Krunch

42 minutes ago, krunch said:

Can you describe the spacers / know the diameter, length, and hole size by any chance?

Thanx,

Krunch

All it is is a spacer. Its like a 5/8" ID hole and they are like 3/4" long

• Like 1

Hey guys!

Thanx,
Krunch
I did the MaxTrac 2 inch lowering shackles and the shock extenders (I did the extenders for my Magneride shocks since they seem to have more issues than many shocks). I decided not to remove the block to see how my truck would handle my 6k# travel trailer. 1 inch rake empty near level with trailer... Had to do a relearn on the Magneride shocks to get them working again properly. All is going well and to me truck rides better than it did stock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Nasty said:

Good choice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm getting ready to purchase a MCG kit for my 2014 Silverado but I'm not sure if the springs and spindles option is the way to go. I was looking at the strut and spindles instead of the spring but I'm not sure between the two. What rides better. Thanks 34270 kit 

I'm getting ready to purchase a MCG kit for my 2014 Silverado but I'm not sure if the springs and spindles option is the way to go. I was looking at the strut and spindles instead of the spring but I'm not sure between the two. What rides better. Thanks 34270 kit 
You want the struts as you can adjust to correct the Chevy lean

• Like 1

I got the 34270 installed last October and have zero regrets, it a really good kit.