2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I don’t get why the INEZ kit gets such a bad rap on here. 

I have had both MCG on a 2014 and now a INEZ kit on my 2016 and honestly not much of a big difference in ride that I can tell and my alignment on both have been put back to factory spec.

I will say though it seems like when I go over a rough road or a pothole that the rear end does shutter a tiny bit harder then I would like. But kinda used to stiffer rides for having lowered cars all my life and a lowered truck I expected the same. Just jars me a little harder then I would love lol

12 hours ago, BkFromTxs said:

I don’t get why the INEZ kit gets such a bad rap on here. 

I have had both MCG on a 2014 and now a INEZ kit on my 2016 and honestly not much of a big difference in ride that I can tell and my alignment on both have been put back to factory spec.

I will say though it seems like when I go over a rough road or a pothole that the rear end does shutter a tiny bit harder then I would like. But kinda used to stiffer rides for having lowered cars all my life and a lowered truck I expected the same. Just jars me a little harder then I would love lol

Youll notice balljoints going bad way more often with inez.  I pull those inez kits off for local guys all the time

Is anybody running these belltech street shocks? Looking to upgrade over the ranchos that came on it. 

https://www.belltech.com/products/belltech/lowering/shocks-struts/belltech-street-performance-9688.html

I currently have the 2 inch drop shackles in the rear and like how it sits. Might remove the rear block to get it more leveled out. Was looking for opinions on these shocks. 

35 minutes ago, CombsL83 said:

Is anybody running these belltech street shocks? Looking to upgrade over the ranchos that came on it. 

https://www.belltech.com/products/belltech/lowering/shocks-struts/belltech-street-performance-9688.html

I currently have the 2 inch drop shackles in the rear and like how it sits. Might remove the rear block to get it more leveled out. Was looking for opinions on these shocks. 

Anything is an improvement over the Rancho's - My brother ran those when he was at a 0/3 drop and it was a big improvement 

1 hour ago, Dinner said:

Anything is an improvement over the Rancho's - My brother ran those when he was at a 0/3 drop and it was a big improvement 

Cool thanks for the feedback. My wife owes me an anniversary present next month so I think these will be it :)

On 4/4/2019 at 11:14 AM, CombsL83 said:

I'm running them. truck rides great, big improvement over stock even at 4/6 

I'm running them. truck rides great, big improvement over stock even at 4/6 

Do you notice difference in the way the rear rides? Smoother would you say? I already have struts in the front and notice small difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 with McGaughy’s adjustable drop set at 3/5. Just had the 24s put on today. Wheels are 24x10 +25 offset on 295/35/24 tires. Noticed some fender liner rubbing in reverse, may have to mess around with it to see if I can zip tie for a quick fix.

Next on the list is to remove the side steps... was lifted before haha.

516a81fd82deeb0d80614712a0f58113.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Question for the bigger brains in this thread:

What I'm currently running: 2017 CCSB Silverado with stamped arms, Belltech 25004 lowering struts set to the lowest setting (the one slightly taller ring) in the front, and I have the rear brought down with a pair of McGaughys 33037 1"-2" drop shackles on the lowest setting with the block removed.

What I want: Before the Belltechs I was leveled and the plan was to bring the front end down a little to minimize the squatted look it would have depending on where it was sitting (an optical illusion from street inclines).  With the additional drop in the front, I now want to bring the back end down either to level or just a bit higher 'because aesthetics.'

Finally, the question: Assuming I'm  currently at a 2.5"-3" drop in the back, is my only option for bringing the back end down further to a 4" or 5" total drop going to be installing new hangers and replacing the stock shackles?

1 hour ago, boombalatty said:

Question for the bigger brains in this thread:

What I'm currently running: 2017 CCSB Silverado with stamped arms, Belltech 25004 lowering struts set to the lowest setting (the one slightly taller ring) in the front, and I have the rear brought down with a pair of McGaughys 33037 1"-2" drop shackles on the lowest setting with the block removed.

What I want: Before the Belltechs I was leveled and the plan was to bring the front end down a little to minimize the squatted look it would have depending on where it was sitting (an optical illusion from street inclines).  With the additional drop in the front, I now want to bring the back end down either to level or just a bit higher 'because aesthetics.'

Finally, the question: Assuming I'm  currently at a 2.5"-3" drop in the back, is my only option for bringing the back end down further to a 4" or 5" total drop going to be installing new hangers and replacing the stock shackles?

Flip kit and lift hanger for the rear

• Like 1

Finally got lowered. Referred to this thread a lot and thanks to the community for posting opinions and experience. Went with 3/5 belltech spindle & adjustable SP shocks up front, flip kit with lift hangers out back also with SP shocks. Couldn't be happier with the ride. Not overly firm but much more stable in turns. No shakes, vibes, or issues. 

FB_IMG_1557427251620.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone have any strut spacer rings laying around that they dont need? I'm thinking about adding 1 to each side to try and get rid of the minimal running I have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...