2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I realize shackles will lower the rear, just curious if any one has removed the rear 2" blocks. In my simple mind that would be the easiest way to level the rear with the front. As far as the U-bolt, once the blocks are removed, your on new threads so in my mind you would not need new ones.

Anyone ??

Mike

I've heard in some instances you actually running out of threads on the u-bolts therefor needing new ones.

Why not just install leveling shackles? 2 bolts on each side and your done. Most standard shackles have holes for 1" or 2" of lowering.

WHy not remove the 2" blocks if it can be done? I am fully aware of the shackles, cheap and will have the desired affect. I like free.99 better. :D

The blocks are like 1.25"

YOU ARE CORRECT 1.257 by my micrometer. I also measured the fender height from the top of each tire. Front is 6" rear is 8" (both measurements are approximate, with .25"). Looks like some shackles are my next purchase.

Mike

Edited by mzodarg

The Rancho shocks will work, though the dampening will be a little soft since the shock will be riding more in the compressed part of the valving. Rancho is waiting on their OEM side to get them the specs so they can see if there is another shock that will work with a lowered truck.

The Rancho shocks will work, though the dampening will be a little soft since the shock will be riding more in the compressed part of the valving. Rancho is waiting on their OEM side to get them the specs so they can see if there is another shock that will work with a lowered truck.

Cool, thanks!

Mike

Hi guys. I don't know why but I was thinking the rough country spindle/ flip kit was for both 2wd and 4wd trucks. I just went to there site to order but it looks like it's only a 2wd kit. I'm sure the flip kit is the same, but are the spindles the same as the 4wd?

Or dose anyone know of a 4wd drop spindle?

I know, I know why lower a 4wd???? Well I live in Iowa and there a lot of snow here! I don't want to be siting on the ground just a 2/4 drop to take up some of the extra wheel well chevy seam to put in the design. I will also be adding a air ride overload setup so I can still pull a trailer when and if need to.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to start with just dropping the rear, not sure if I'll pull the 1.25" riser blocks out or actually do a 2" drop shackle, couple other threads in the last few days have had similar discussions

And would be interested in what airbag setup you're thinking of running if you've picked one out

You should contact these guys.

http://www.mcgaughys-suspension.com/

When I was in the market for a '14 4x4 I contacted them and they told me their '13 3/5 kit should work on a new truck as the suspension is very similar. They did not get a chance to test on a new truck yet but told me if I purchased the kit and had any problems with the kit or install they would give me a full refund. I believe the guy's name was Sean. This was 2-3 months ago so they may have had a chance to install one on a 4x4 since then. Hope this helps.

• Like 1