2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

You should contact these guys.

http://www.mcgaughys-suspension.com/

When I was in the market for a '14 4x4 I contacted them and they told me their '13 3/5 kit should work on a new truck as the suspension is very similar. They did not get a chance to test on a new truck yet but told me if I purchased the kit and had any problems with the kit or install they would give me a full refund. I believe the guy's name was Sean. This was 2-3 months ago so they may have had a chance to install one on a 4x4 since then. Hope this helps.

Their kit now says "2014" Either the 13 fit or they made adjustments.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering lowering my truck but haven't lowered one since 1991 !! What's the latest and greatest lowering options? I don't want it slammed to the ground just a few inches and leveled. I have the stock 20" wheels and tires and am gonna keep 'em so what are my options?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

I'm considering lowering my truck but haven't lowered one since 1991 !! What's the latest and greatest lowering options? I don't want it slammed to the ground just a few inches and leveled. I have the stock 20" wheels and tires and am gonna keep 'em so what are my options?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

There are a few good options,

1 - Mcgaughys 2" leveling shackles for the rear, gives a level look only - http://www.mcgaughystore.com/2014-chevy-silverado-1500-2wd-4wd-1-2-rear-drop-shackles-mcgaughys-33037/

2 - Rough Country 2/4 drop - http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-lowering-kit-723-20.html

3 - Mcguaghys 3/5, 4/6 or 4/7 adjustable drop - http://www.mcgaughystore.com/2014-chevy-silverado-1500-all-cabs-3-5-4-6-4-7-adjustable-drop-kit-mcgaughys-34160/

I do, here is mine with the belltech rear 2" drop shackle kit on my 2014 All Terrain. Before and after....

before

1471956_787280251297858_316583635_n.jpg

after

999457_787280264631190_83598123_n.jpg

I just got my truck done with the 2" leveling shackles from mcguaghys and my truck still sits 3/4" of and inch higher in the rear. I was hoping for perfectly level. I would think all 2" leveling shackles are going to lower/level pretty much the since they are all 2" or could I be wrong? I doubt the suspension needs to settle? I wonder if I could put a smaller block in place of the factory block to perfect the height? I could pull the 1.25" factory blocks and replace them with a 1/2" or 3/4" block to get it where I want?

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Aluminum-Extruded-Leaf-Spring-Lowering-Blocks,3353.html?utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=CSEGoogle&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&CAWELAID=1268613786&catargetid=530009170000006315&cadevice=t&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLbWrMz16rsCFWMV7Aodzj0Ahw

Edited by brentadams646

• 3 weeks later...

I just put the AutoZone drop shackles on my 2014 QCSB 2wd. How come nobody has mentioned that we have to fold down the seam on the bed in order to run them in the 2" drop position? Makes me wonder if everybody is checking for clearance after dropping the truck and putting weight on the bushings.

Install wasn't bad, besides having to pry over the leaf springs to get the bolt out. If I knew at that point that I was going to have to fold the seam over, I wouldn't have had to do that though. Also having to remove/install the receiver hitch cost an extra 30 min. Took me 1.5 hours to do but worth it once I was finished. I will post pictures in the next couple days.

I talked to my service manager and was told that anything more than a leveling kit would void my warranty. That's why I only went with lowering shackles. I really don't understand that because after I thought about it, there are other local dealers around here selling brand new trucks with 4-6" of lift on them.

Either way... I went with the cheap old 29.99 lowering shackles at AutoZone and couldn't be happier with the quality.

Update, I went to the dealer next to my house that wouldn't work with me on purchasing a new truck... Well turns out they have the best service dept ever. They said that I could lower raise any amount I want and if I had any questions reguarding drive line angles and possible warranty issues that they would help me in anyway they could to keep my truck under warranty.

I also told them that I Dyno Tune vehicles and asked if there was anyway around the flash counter. Service told me there is no way around it but if I tell them I have modified the tune that they will do what they can to keep from checking that if there was a warranty issue. That wasn't enough to make me crack into it and start tuning but I was impressed at how they were willing to find ways around warranty work to keep me from loosing 100k warranty.

Belltech has a 3/6 kit out specifically for the 2014s. It's PN 988. Mine will be installed next Monday on my RCSB. My dealer would have had it installed as part of the original purchase, but various demons in the universe prevented it from happening.

• 2 weeks later...

I leveled mine (4x4) by using the 2" lowering shackels on the rear, I don't remember the brand as my buddy owns the shop and he ordered them and put them on for me. It was like $100 installed for them.

only bad about the install is you have to remove the receiver hitch assembly in order to install them.

Edited by TJay74

Just got my 2" lowering shackles in the mail today. I ordered them from Mcgaughystore.com $44.69 shipped to my front door. 4are7aju.jpgzy8ypu9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To anyone leveling the rear, on the 2WD's they will not sit perfectly level with just shackles. You'll have to order a smaller block and replace the 1 1/4" OEM block to get it perfect. Mine should be installed in the next few days.

Here is how my 2WD sits with leveling shackles only in the rear. I ordered a 1/2" aluminum block online to bring it down an extra 3/4"

86B047B3-8DB6-48B3-8EF9-D083DA382BCB_zps

Did the lowering shackles and it's still 3/4" higher in the back. A Forum member suggested that I replace the stock spring block, which is 2.25" thick, with one that's 1/2" thick. That should take care of that. I ordered them yesterday so maybe I can get them on this week. It sucks to be anal:).

Tapatalk via iPhone 5s