In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
mjw930

2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

anyone thinking about the michigan metal works control arms they are having a "name your price sale" going on now. suppose to be a 2 inch drop and it also centers the wheel in the front fender.

5 hours ago, maxpower98 said:

anyone thinking about the michigan metal works control arms they are having a "name your price sale" going on now. suppose to be a 2 inch drop and it also centers the wheel in the front fender.

I might grab a set in thr near future.  But theres more to them then just bolt in

• Like 1

01ccfc69f4c9bf1c4b6ada0a0e758a4d.jpg

It’s hard to see because everything is black but I had the truck lowered in the rear to level it all out.

Dropped shackles and block removed

Now I just need to figure how to just adjust the headlights (they’re pointing up now that the truck is level)

I should mention the ride feels the same and it did make a difference getting in and out of the truck, it’s easier for me now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, FleetBoy said:

It’s hard to see because everything is black but I had the truck lowered in the rear to level it all out.

Now I just need to figure how to just adjust the headlights (they’re pointing up now that the truck is level)

Theres a screw you twist. When i get home ill snap a picture

Theres a screw you twist. When i get home ill snap a picture

Awesome, thanks

I should mention the ride feels the same and it did make a difference getting in and out of the truck, it’s easier for me now

Not a very good picture but should give you good starting point. The screw is located on top of the headlight8ee2e5b5942f17df1843fe74af8b374a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not a very good picture but should give you good starting point. The screw is located on top of the headlight8ee2e5b5942f17df1843fe74af8b374a.jpg

Got it, thanks!

Finally got around to taking pics after it was lowered. Now to figure out what wheels to go with.5c0af031ed8f2_bFrWzZO-Imgur.thumb.jpg.2f9472cb4c1f39f59fa3a1557415521f.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DESERT DOG said:

Finally got around to taking pics after it was lowered. Now to figure out what wheels to go with.5c0af031ed8f2_bFrWzZO-Imgur.thumb.jpg.2f9472cb4c1f39f59fa3a1557415521f.jpg

Im in the same boat. Sold my wheels today so now im riding on those exact stocks.  Only thing i like about them is the ride.  I found what wheels i want. But i just dont know if i want to spend 4k on wheels and tires 

I went up 1 inch all around the other day, so I'm at 3/6 and cannot be happier. Took it to a different shop this time and they found a few things done incorrectly the first time around. I'm not one to get out of paying for no reason but I think I'm going to pursue this a little bit deeper.

4 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

I went up 1 inch all around the other day, so I'm at 3/6 and cannot be happier. Took it to a different shop this time and they found a few things done incorrectly the first time around. I'm not one to get out of paying for no reason but I think I'm going to pursue this a little bit deeper.

What was wrong

What was wrong
Most of the back half of the truck was left untightened. The owner of the shop that picked it up is going to make me a full report and I'm hopefully going to pick it up tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Im in the same boat. Sold my wheels today so now im riding on those exact stocks.  Only thing i like about them is the ride.  I found what wheels i want. But i just dont know if i want to spend 4k on wheels and tires 

It sounds like you made you're mind up on which wheels anyways. I can't make up my mind, the only thing I'm sure of is they will be 22's.

32 minutes ago, DESERT DOG said:

It sounds like you made you're mind up on which wheels anyways. I can't make up my mind, the only thing I'm sure of is they will be 22's.

I had 22s. And took them off. The ride suffered

On 12/7/2018 at 4:36 PM, Nasty said:

I had 22s. And took them off. The ride suffered

Are you going to 20's then? I think the 22's fill the wheel housing a little better, but don't want 24's because of the ride issues.