In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

mjw930

2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Thanks loads! I have looked for a straight forward answer like that all over even emailed djm for info and got no reply. Just to be clear i want to do all the work myself i dont have a lift but do have jack stands and such. Is mcgaugheys drop able to be done without lowering the tank i saw that djm says it can be done with theirs but i havent looked into mcgaugheys yet cause they dont show prices for some reason. (Probably my error) im somewhat mechanically inclined. I mean i like to think i know what im doing since i been building a 67 c10 the past 2 years lol.

Thanks loads! I have looked for a straight forward answer like that all over even emailed djm for info and got no reply. Just to be clear i want to do all the work myself i dont have a lift but do have jack stands and such. Is mcgaugheys drop able to be done without lowering the tank i saw that djm says it can be done with theirs but i havent looked into mcgaugheys yet cause they dont show prices for some reason. (Probably my error) im somewhat mechanically inclined. I mean i like to think i know what im doing since i been building a 67 c10 the past 2 years lol.
For prices on Mcgaughys check out this website.
https://www.suspensionsuperstore.com

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Any vibration issue with the mcgaugheys drop due to pinion angle? Ive seen alot of people run into that and wasnt sure if it was directly related to certain kits or all drop in general. Im still learning. The c10 i mentioned before is a truck i bought for my dad to teach me on that we could build together but thats come to a halt with his health being what it is lately and the way i work. Anyways sorry for the random off subject ramble. 

Also just out of curiosity whats the significance of the adjustable kit? Just so you can play with the settings and fine tune to your personal taste i assume?

Also just out of curiosity whats the significance of the adjustable kit? Just so you can play with the settings and fine tune to your personal taste i assume?
That also if you ever want to go lower or raise the truck you have the ability to do so. I got the adjustable kit for my truck late last year and I'm glad I did. I asked for a 4/7 but seemed way to low for a 4/7 so I took the truck to a different shop and had them raise it to 3/6 and had no trouble raising it an inch all around

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Big ol 10-4 i think that will be the route i go then. I mean its not that much more and im one of those that has the mindset get what you want and do it right the first time so you dont have to do it again.

You wont know about vibrations until the kit is insatlled.  If you have vibrations then you just adjust the pinion angle with shims.  

I dropped my truck in my driveway with jackstands, and without removing the tank. It would be much easier on a lift, but if you're comfortable with a wrench and a grinder, you'll be able to install the kit yourself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

I dropped my truck in my driveway with jackstands, and without removing the tank. It would be much easier on a lift, but if you're comfortable with a wrench and a grinder, you'll be able to install the kit yourself.

Doing the flip kit does take an extra hand. To get the leaf under the axle. 

It was a pita for sure. I removed the passenger side spring, and just dropped the rear of the driver's side spring. After that just a lot of cussing and wiggling to get the axle on top of the spring. I'm not sure which was worse, removing the rear spring hangers, or relocating the axle lol.

Just now, lovelessjl said:

It was a pita for sure. I removed the passenger side spring, and just dropped the rear of the driver's side spring. After that just a lot of cussing and wiggling to get the axle on top of the spring. I'm not sure which was worse, removing the rear spring hangers, or relocating the axle lol.

How long did it take you to do? 

It took me about 2 days, but I wasn't pushing real hard to get done, taking lots of breaks etc. You could probably do it in one long day if you stay on task and don't mess around. Shops that do these regularly and are familiar with what they're doing can easily get it done inside a regular business day.

10-4 i was just curious cause its my only means of transportation so it cant be out of comission long. Thanks for all the information everyone its been a great help. Now just gotta tough out all these 7-12s so i can get to some off time to do it lol

• Like 1

Just had my Belltech 2/4 lowering kit installed :cool:

2015sierra.jpg

Finally got my drop shackles installed and blocks removed last week, now I’ve got the disease though...I want to go lower

426ebfb6e5ba2d8571573117d3df9116.jpg16aaddea19635100a9d06dd4b31fdd31.jpg977d408d76f1befc19f7a136351e44bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1