In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

mjw930

2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

5 hours ago, Melks said:

Just had my Belltech 2/4 lowering kit installed :cool:

2015sierra.jpg

Is it optical illusion or is that camber kicking inward pretty good?

Edited by Charles Baltimore

Lowering kit I purchased is basically converting control arms to cast models from 07-13 trucks.  Consultant says reason is so late model spindles can be used, and that these Better avoid CV axles.  Also that ball joints and maintenance parts are readily available and nothing is exotic or difficult to R&R down the road.  Is there any reason this kit would change outward “poke”/ offset  situation?  As it sits the truck is stanced nicely.  Anything else to consider before installing this one?

1 hour ago, Charles Baltimore said:

Lowering kit I purchased is basically converting control arms to cast models from 07-13 trucks.  Consultant says reason is so late model spindles can be used, and that these Better avoid CV axles.  Also that ball joints and maintenance parts are readily available and nothing is exotic or difficult to R&R down the road.  Is there any reason this kit would change outward “poke”/ offset  situation?  As it sits the truck is stanced nicely.  Anything else to consider before installing this one?

07-16 (such as my 16) use the same arms

New to the page.  Anyone running 305/35/24s with +30 offset on a 15 silv crew 4x4 with a 4/6 drop 

17 hours ago, Charles Baltimore said:

Is it optical illusion or is that camber kicking inward pretty good?

Not a whole lot of chamber adjustment from stock. I do have larger sidewall tires than factory spec with the GM 17’s on it right now so it fills up the wheel wells more that’s about it.

17 hours ago, RevolverK2 said:

Finally got my drop shackles installed and blocks removed last week, now I’ve got the disease though...I want to go lower emoji51.png

426ebfb6e5ba2d8571573117d3df9116.jpg16aaddea19635100a9d06dd4b31fdd31.jpg977d408d76f1befc19f7a136351e44bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Yea that’s how it started for me!

New to the page.  Anyone running 305/35/24s with +30 offset on a 15 silv crew 4x4 with a 4/6 drop 

I’m running 295/35/24 on +25 offset. I rub on a 3/5 drop if that’s what you were wondering?

86b45da14293ac88439977a853fc5858.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, C-Dub37 said:

For sure. Thats bigger than stock. And up front you being at 4 means spindle and spring. The spring will kick the tire back into the wheel well causing rubbing 

On 6/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, C-Dub37 said:

i would say no without tubs and other modifications. i run a 275-45-22 in the front of my 2014 silverado with a 4/6ish drop and it rubs over decent bumps and dips. my tire is roughly 2 inches smaller than the tire/wheel combo you are trying to run.

Just to pitch in I'm running 305/40/22 on a 4/6 drop, and I rub on big bumps and when turning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 6/30/2019 at 1:13 AM, Imperial91 said:

I’m running 295/35/24 on +25 offset. I rub on a 3/5 drop if that’s what you were wondering?

86b45da14293ac88439977a853fc5858.jpg

I like that stance. What brand are you using. 

I like that stance. What brand are you using. 

McGaughy’s adjustable kit

Thinking about putting on a rear sway bar.  The Hellwig 7735 is the primary choice.  I am concerned reading in a couple of places that there are issues with fit in certain situations.  My truck is lowered 2/4.5 ish.  I have the stock exhaust.  I have read a review that indicated an issue with the spare tire and another that said it had an issue with the stock exhaust.  I am sure none of these were from lowered truck owners.  Anyone have any issues installing this bar in this situation? 

Oh yea, he got my shock relocation from Cali to Mississippi in like 3 days because my truck was down til it got here. I used the extensive notch with crossbars and had it not been underbed notched the one from extensive would have slid right onto my frame and been an easy install. I love my fox 2.0 shocks but I can’t wait to have their 4 link with Viking coilovers on the rear. 

Do you have the part # for the Fox 2.0 shocks you used? I was looking into them, but even with shock extenders it looks like the ones listed for our trucks would be too long.

Haven't posted in awhile - At least since I've installed my new wheels.  22x9.5 KMC Prism Truck in brushed silver wrapped in 285/40R22 Nitto 420S - Super happy with the look but dealing a slight vibration around 115-120 km/h - They were a bitch to balance so thinking I need to re do them or see if I have a rear bad tire. 

Also, finally removed the PF strut spacer to level out the front side to side and got my camber adjusted to a more respectable amount (-0.8 to -0.9) 

Full paint correction and ceramic coating too.

Looking into going lower eventually. Would like to do 5/8 or 6/8 with twisted metal works upper arms, either their coil over kit or Belltech coil overs, then twisted metal works under bed notch with either Viking or Ridetech adjustable shocks - These Belltech SP shocks are just too damn stiff on these K2 trucks 

truck.jpg

• Like 1