In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

mjw930

2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I will take pictures of my location and try to take some measurements even though tire size is a factor on where my wheel will sit after it's dropped with a 2" spindle and 1" strut. 

Truck is getting a 2" lift hanger now in prep for the flip kit so it looks goofy as hell. Lol

Finally got around to dropping the truck. 2" belltech spindles and belltech flip kit at 5". May go another 1-2" up front and 1" in the back next year.

IMG_20190927_154859_703.thumb.jpg.6947e7eaa6c01a5365ad176ec7d71ed2.jpg

On the look out for street tires, but until then. I'm happy with it. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Daly said:

Finally got around to dropping the truck. 2" belltech spindles and belltech flip kit at 5". May go another 1-2" up front and 1" in the back next year.

Truck looks great. I would drop rear another inch but other than that it looks good. I like that color.

Had it at 6" originally, looked like it was squatting, so put it back up. Plus I do still tow and use the truck so I wanted some rake.

Edited by Daly

finished up the drop. can’t drive it. too much negative camber if that’s the right term. top of wheel is toed in hard and any speed causes tires to scream. install wasn’t bad at all 

E3F60693-98D6-4F15-8E3D-5181CC8A19FC.jpeg

If you drop the truck yourself, the first thing you gotta do is get an alignment. If you know how to manipulate stuff, you can eyeball it to get close enough for a short drive to the alignment shop. Truck looks good though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Bohanan23 said:

finished up the drop. can’t drive it. too much negative camber if that’s the right term. top of wheel is toed in hard and any speed causes tires to scream. install wasn’t bad at all 

E3F60693-98D6-4F15-8E3D-5181CC8A19FC.jpeg

Looks good.  Great color and the drop looks right on for the truck.

thanks UofAZCats. Took some more pictures of it last night. Love it so far. 

Got the Twisted Metal Workz upper control arms installed on my truck today.  It was late and I didn't have time to snap any photographs but will try to do so in the next couple of days.  The wheels moved forward as advertised.  They only rub right before full lock now.  Lot of money/time to move the wheel forward about a half inch but I am happy with it.  Looking to get rid of the last bit of rubbing I can either go down a tire size or potentially step down from my 1.5" wheel spacers to a 1" spacer.  I don't want smaller wheels as I like the look filling up the wheel well like they currently do.  The spacer change I might do.  I went with the 1.5" spacer as I understood that smaller spacers would require trimming the bolts and I wasn't sure I wanted to take that step.  Now after talking with my installer he said it was no big deal, and that basically it is something they do regularly (my paraphrase).  Any one here had that done?  I do like the wheels sticking out but I have thought since ti first got done that I really would like them to come in that 1/2".

IMG_2137_1024x1024@2x.jpg

On 9/27/2019 at 4:09 PM, Daly said:

Looks great!

On 10/8/2019 at 9:46 PM, UofAZCats said:

Got the Twisted Metal Workz upper control arms installed on my truck today.  It was late and I didn't have time to snap any photographs but will try to do so in the next couple of days.  The wheels moved forward as advertised.  They only rub right before full lock now.  Lot of money/time to move the wheel forward about a half inch but I am happy with it.  Looking to get rid of the last bit of rubbing I can either go down a tire size or potentially step down from my 1.5" wheel spacers to a 1" spacer.  I don't want smaller wheels as I like the look filling up the wheel well like they currently do.  The spacer change I might do.  I went with the 1.5" spacer as I understood that smaller spacers would require trimming the bolts and I wasn't sure I wanted to take that step.  Now after talking with my installer he said it was no big deal, and that basically it is something they do regularly (my paraphrase).  Any one here had that done?  I do like the wheels sticking out but I have thought since ti first got done that I really would like them to come in that 1/2".

Here are pictures of my front wheels.  Damn near centered.  Very happy with the new arms.

IMG_20191011_185135.jpg

IMG_20191011_185123.jpg

• Like 3