In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
mjw930

2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Does anyone have some rings that come with Mcgaughys adjustable struts that they no longer need? I need 4 and I really dont want to buy new struts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 12/28/2020 at 8:09 PM, SirenRed16 said:

Does anyone have some rings that come with Mcgaughys adjustable struts that they no longer need? I need 4 and I really dont want to buy new struts.

Have you reached out to McG? I'd be very surprised if they wouldn't sell you replacements 

I have some in my tool box I think. Let me know if you still need them.

I have some in my tool box I think. Let me know if you still need them.
I tried sending you a message but they aren't through, can you send me a price for 4 shipped to 93706

1 hour ago, SirenRed16 said:

I tried sending you a message but they aren't through, can you send me a price for 4 shipped to 93706

That’s Fresno right? I have some you can have. I’m from Visalia. If you ever come this way. Pm me

That’s Fresno right? I have some you can have. I’m from Visalia. If you ever come this way. Pm me
Would you ship them? I'll pay shipping

Anyone have a set of factory leaf spring hangers they removed from their flip kit install they would part with.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:16 PM, lovelessjl said:

Here's a 4/6 with 22s and 305 45s. Close enough to maybe give you some idea98156bf266c33077ca96a8237aaf5150.jpgd59561466b5f11b4e7b0c9d558a6e919.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What is the measurement from the ground to the tops of your wheel openings front and rear.

14 hours ago, 666 said:

I am not sure those will fit a 16.  The gm part number they reference only goes up to 15 and excludes years after.

I have been hearing about people having to cut tie rod ends on a 4/6 drop, is this accurate 

21 minutes ago, Derekken said:

I have been hearing about people having to cut tie rod ends on a 4/6 drop, is this accurate 

Not with the well made/engineered kit. Going beyond 5 in the front, I can see that happening though but I have yet to hear or experience that. 

On 1/9/2021 at 9:43 AM, Bryon1976 said:

I am not sure those will fit a 16.  The gm part number they reference only goes up to 15 and excludes years after.

So I looked at my dads 16 silverado with stock hangers. I couldn't really see any differences. I heard that the 2007 and up silverados all use the same frame until 2018. Better yet I was able to find a cheaper set with better reviews.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QFDFCTK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_11t.FbB2185QH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Truck photo:20210111_131719.thumb.jpg.72bd38f7d6574c3ba8d6881ced99b844.jpg

Edited by 666

11 hours ago, 666 said:

So I looked at my dads 16 silverado with stock hangers. I couldn't really see any differences. I heard that the 2007 and up silverados all use the same frame until 2018. Better yet I was able to find a cheaper set with better reviews.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QFDFCTK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_11t.FbB2185QH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Truck photo:20210111_131719.thumb.jpg.72bd38f7d6574c3ba8d6881ced99b844.jpg

Thanks.

Mine is dropped like 4” in the rear here and 3” in the front. It rubbed like a mofo so I brought the front up an inch. I used bell tech struts, max traxx springs, shock replicators in the rear and removed the blocks. I also have 2” spacers on it with 24’s. it seems to barely rub on full lock now.  

D93E5728-DB2B-480B-82EC-836AA6609536.jpeg