Silver Ice Metallic paint fans

How is the road noise/ride with these Hankooks now that you've ridden with them for a bit? They've caught my eye, great looking with a solid price.

Love your truck. Like the High Country grill you added!

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifTruck at Huntington.jpg

2016 Sierra SLT 4X4, got it a couple weeks ago. Still need to tint the windows a bit, and not sure what else yet.

LOL, oh trust me ... you'll think of something. I got mine on new year's eve, 2015 - just over six months ago, and I haven't even gotten to the liner and bed cover yet. It never really ends. I get mine back tomorrow, had all black Katzkin leather put in, and they blacked all of my emblems out. Can't wait to see it!!!

LOL, oh trust me ... you'll think of something. I got mine on new year's eve, 2015 - just over six months ago, and I haven't even gotten to the liner and bed cover yet. It never really ends. I get mine back tomorrow, had all black Katzkin leather put in, and they blacked all of my emblems out. Can't wait to see it!!!

Make sure you post pics! Who did the work for you? Thinking about leather in mine. You're going to love the blacked out emblems. Looks so good on my ride. 65be146a1122531fe907ebc3aad8aed4.jpg970f5c3433d291f5766392320ce70d0b.jpg Edited by muddy
  • Like 1

Make sure you post pics! Who did the work for you? Thinking about leather in mine. You're going to love the blacked out emblems. Looks so good on my ride.

Yes, sir, I sure will. I think you and I discussed yours once before - yours are painted black, which is the best way to go. I didn't have that option - they had to Plasti-Dip mine, but they showed me the process - they finish it with some kind of clear coat, etc. They pretty much have to around here (northern Illinois), with all the salt and winter crap, etc. The company is called Top Coverage - they're Chicago-area, with two locations. They specialize in doing the Katzkin leather seats, but they also do emblems, sunroofs, etc. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Mine has the same color door handles as well.

I bought the ABS plastic gloss black door handles for mine, but chose not to put them on. The silver paint just looks so much better and there's something just terribly tacky, about sticking plastic handle covers, on a nice truck like that. I decided against it.

Okay, so here's pics. The Katzkin seats - I went with all-black solid leather (no perf), and all-black stitching. They couldn't Plasti-Dip the Texas Edition emblem, because the star is attached to the "edition" piece - due to the way you peel off Plasti-Dip excess, they didn't want to do it. I may just take those off, and buy the black ones, with the white background on the "edition" part. The seats turned out fantastic, can't complain. I paid $900 total for everything - I think the Top Coverage company here, gave my Chevy dealership a discount, because of all the business they give them. Pretty sure I got lucky there, because I was initially quoted $1,300 in total. I always appreciate a discount!

blackfrontseat.jpg

blackbackseat615.jpg

blackemblem615.jpg

blackback615.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, so here's pics. The Katzkin seats - I went with all-black solid leather (no perf), and all-black stitching. They couldn't Plasti-Dip the Texas Edition emblem, because the star is attached to the "edition" piece - due to the way you peel off Plasti-Dip excess, they didn't want to do it. I may just take those off, and buy the black ones, with the white background on the "edition" part. The seats turned out fantastic, can't complain. I paid $900 total for everything - I think the Top Coverage company here, gave my Chevy dealership a discount, because of all the business they give them. Pretty sure I got lucky there, because I was initially quoted $1,300 in total. I always appreciate a discount!

blackfrontseat.jpg

blackbackseat615.jpg

blackemblem615.jpg

blackback615.jpg

looks great!!! What a steal on those seats! Emblems look fantastic too!
  • Like 1

looks great!!! What a steal on those seats! Emblems look fantastic too!

Thanks, but can't take credit - they really did a good job. If you want to get these seats in yours, go see your dealership - if you're in a decent size market area, they should have someone who does their cars/trucks for them. My Chevy dealership usually gives out a loaner car while the truck is being done, as well.

Edited by 15SilverSilverado

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New 16 Crew Cab 5.3. Traded in a 14 GMC double cab v6 for this one.

So far I've only tinted all windows except for windshield. No other mods planned in the near future....I hope

402e5ffcb7c41ae3a82e6eddfd376a5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk