Tungsten Metallic paint fans

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I put a deposit on a 2016 z71 tungsten metallic without seeing it on person. I’ve been looking at pictures and it seems to look purple when sun hits it, do pictures not do it justice? I’m not really sure how I feel about a purple truck. The pictures I have of the truck do not look purple at all so I’m confused. I’m getting a really good deal so I want to love the color. Did Chevy make variations of this color that were more gray than others? 

5515F520-183B-4C84-9829-CC92915D091B.jpeg

7623F189-FA42-401A-9E17-8FF2F41C95A6.jpeg

A9E6E97C-0F7A-47E3-9977-56D2A1B82A61.jpeg

2 hours ago, Steven St Germain said:

I put a deposit on a 2016 z71 tungsten metallic without seeing it on person. I’ve been looking at pictures and it seems to look purple when sun hits it, do pictures not do it justice? I’m not really sure how I feel about a purple truck. The pictures I have of the truck do not look purple at all so I’m confused. I’m getting a really good deal so I want to love the color. Did Chevy make variations of this color that were more gray than others? 

5515F520-183B-4C84-9829-CC92915D091B.jpeg

7623F189-FA42-401A-9E17-8FF2F41C95A6.jpeg

A9E6E97C-0F7A-47E3-9977-56D2A1B82A61.jpeg

Could be faded by being out in the sun or it may just be the photos not showing true color. I know I have been told that the Tungsten Metallic is considered a gray but to my eyes, I could never see the gray. I always considered it more of a brownish color...

9 hours ago, mikeyk101 said:

Could be faded by being out in the sun or it may just be the photos not showing true color. I know I have been told that the Tungsten Metallic is considered a gray but to my eyes, I could never see the gray. I always considered it more of a brownish color...

Thank you for reply. It’s really a good deal so maybe I’ll just get it, can always resell if the color is something I can’t live with. I really want a dark charcoal color one.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:01 AM, Steven St Germain said:

Thank you for reply. It’s really a good deal so maybe I’ll just get it, can always resell if the color is something I can’t live with. I really want a dark charcoal color one.

My tungsten metallic is a very dark gray.  Most people think it's actually black.   Best color they offered imo.