Can someone help me with rear window rattle

I just took the truck in last Monday for a trim piece for the sunroof to be replaced, while in I wanted them to check out a light rear window rattle. After 10 days of not repairing the rear window rattle OR my sunroof trim I went and got the truck back. They said that after 20+ miles of test driving they could not duplicate the sound, but miraculously it rattled within the first 20 seconds of me leaving the dealer.... :bs:

I have searched on here and people said they had fixed it by gluing a small weatherstripping piece but I can not find those posts since it was in another thread of a random topic. Can someone help, at this point I'd rather fix it myself.

Thanks,

I had a rear window noise that turned out to be the rear window moving with relation to the rubber window seal/gasket that seals air/water out. If I held the window with my hand it would stop. I went ahead and got some silicone grease and put a VERY light layer on the rubber gasketing that is against the window all the way around, You need to open the window to reach most of it. A very very light layer should do the trick and should prevent the noise I was getting, which sounded surprisingly like a rattle.

I had a rear window noise that turned out to be the rear window moving with relation to the rubber window seal/gasket that seals air/water out. If I held the window with my hand it would stop. I went ahead and got some silicone grease and put a VERY light layer on the rubber gasketing that is against the window all the way around, You need to open the window to reach most of it. A very very light layer should do the trick and should prevent the noise I was getting, which sounded surprisingly like a rattle.

Thanks, I'll try it out and report back!

Archived