In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
chevy2tuff2006

2012 Equinox Windshield

anybody else's windshield make a lot of squeaky noise when it is cold out. I live in wisconsin and when it 10 degrees or below it squeaks a lot like its not glued or to the weatherstripping or something. just wondering if this is normal or needs attention.

Edited by chevy2tuff2006

We have the same year and live in WI also and have no issues with our like that.

I live in MA but it gets almost as cold and hers dose it also never thought much of it though.

Our 2013 equinox does the same thing. It sounds like the windshields going to fall out

So has anyone had any luck at the dealer for this? My wife took hers in during my work trip and they send nothing was wrong looks like i am going to have to take it in.

Hahaha, "it looks like I'll have to take it in." read: they didn't give my wife the time of day, looks like I'm going to have to go raise a stink.

There is a TSB to lube under the lip of the outside windshield molding.

Hahaha, "it looks like I'll have to take it in." read: they didn't give my wife the time of day, looks like I'm going to have to go raise a stink.

I hate haveing to go into to the dealer with that attitude, but when they brush her off I will.

There is a TSB to lube under the lip of the outside windshield molding.

That is great news. Do you happend to know the TSB number by chance that would be extremely helpful,

You bet. PI1120A. It is actually a PI (preliminary info)

• Like 1

You bet. PI1120A. It is actually a PI (preliminary info)

Update i had the PI perforemd on the wifes car before the winter and it worked perfectly. No longer dose the windshield sound like its going to fall out and break. This winter has been brutal also as far as cold and snow goes living in New Hampshire.