any way to disable park assist?

If you're talking about a 2014 then it's easy to turn off via the large button with the "P" on it under the A/C controls. If it's pre-2014 then I can't help ya'.

If you turn it off it shouldn't chime (at least mine doesn't when I turn it off)

At least the trucks have a switch,my Camaro and Cruze its on all the time,with no switch to turn it off.

I was able to disable the park assist totally in my 2013. Will never work again! It seemed like an ok item when buying the pickup, but in reality around the farm, it was nothing but a PITA.

I used this Upfitter bulletin as my source for disabling the park assist. Just had to remove a fuse and disconnect the battery cable for a few minutes. Connect it back up, and then the ECM did not know anything about park assist any more.

http://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/359/Bulletin_94.pdf

This bulletin applies to all pickups from 2007 to 2013.

Just did it works Great! Thanks! Snow and ice blocks the sensors and you'll be driving down the road and it will chime and say "Park assist Disabled see owner's manual" On top of that mine doesn't work properly anyways with my aftermarket stereo wiring... Thanks again!

Archived