Radio and instrument panel light stays on after Key out and door open?

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 WT with no power accessories and 4.3 motor. It has a 6 CD changer radio which comes from a 2003-2007 Silverado or any GM full size truck. Recently I've noticed that when I removed the key after driving the truck the instrument panel light and radio stays on after removing the key while the ignition lock cylinder is in the lock position. To turn off the radio after that, I went to turn the key on and then off to remove the key and then radio and instrument panel light finally turn off. As I mentioned, the instrument panel lighting was on along with the radio because this happened to me at night. What could be the big problem? Is it a failed relay or something? Please help me with this issue before I decide to take it to the dealer.

i had a G van do that at work ,,,i ordered a door latch for it and when the part arrived some days later ,it was fine again ,....

what is happening is that the Retained Assy Power ,RAP is not getting the signal to turn off from the switch ,that signal goes to the BCM ,,,,

i would start with a battery disconnect to start ,,,if that fails to help ,you need to have a tech diagnose the failed switch with a scanner in BCM data

well earlier today the radio went out :( i suspect it was the fuse. Turns out ok? Soo I removed it and put it back and the radio works fine. I even turned off the truck with the radio running and the RAP turns off as soon as the door opens. Seems like this little simple thing just solved the problem. Who knows it might come back..

• 6 years later...

I just had the same problem with my 2007 Yukon.  I was trying everything I could before purchasing any replacement parts and turns out that my problem fixed when I pulled the BCM (Body Control Module) fuse out (is found on the side of the dash fuse box), turned the key to the ACC function, turned it off, and put the fuse back in.