GMC Customer Service has no clue at all...

bozfour

I am awaiting my 14 Denali, and i track the progress of the truck like most through GMC Customer Service. Each time in the last 4 weeks I have checked I have been given either wrong or backwards information.

I have been told either the truck is sitting in port, at the VDC, on the way to the dealership or still on the boat by the port. They literally have no idea where it is and keep telling me BS. All of that info is out of order as well. Tracking it today i was told it wasnt even in port now? This is beyond the worst ordering experience i have ever had. The dealership claims the truck is in port and has been there over 3 weeks now which was frustrating enough and now this garbage. I may be moving on this has boiled my blood.

why would anyone special order a truck or car ?,,,,they bring in popular options for the general public ,,,,,i dont get it ,,,,good luck ,,,,your having a bad experience already and the keys arnt even in your jeans yet ,,,great start eh ?

I also special ordered a Denali. Why? I wanted it my way (6.2, Z71, 2wd), not someone else's idea of what they thought I wanted, eh.

why would anyone special order a truck or car ?,,,,they bring in popular options for the general public ,,,,,i dont get it ,,,,good luck ,,,,your having a bad experience already and the keys arnt even in your jeans yet ,,,great start eh ?

because the certain someone want specific options installed with out some other options. i had to special order my truck. i didnt want to but i wanted a truck that didnt have 20's but still had leather and heated and cooled seats with a trailer brake, and the truck in white w/3.42's and i didnt want the lane departure warning crap. there are not many SLT's out there that are built like mine not that mine is special but instead to my likeings.

I understand your frustration. I get very vague statuses about where mine is, as if GM doesn't really know where it is. I think those of us on the east coast that are getting them shipped by boat are getting left out. My truck was ordered 10/25, accepted right away, and built the week of 11/04. The status on the order tracking website went to shipped on 11/07, and I thought for sure it would be here by Christmas at the latest. It spent several weeks in Veracruz, then several more on the boat, and finally has been in Baltimore for over two weeks now. All GM says is its on hold with no EST. It doesn't seem to be just mine since the dealer isn't getting very many in, along with most of the dealers in the area.

in 11 I wanted a Black Sierra SL with trailer brake control and a 4.8 with the HD tow package in Black. It wasn't on a lot anywhere. I "settled" for the Silverado Version in blue and always regretted it. I totally Understand why you would order a car.

Archived