Door Sill Plates / Protectors

Anybody know if a company makes sill protectors to fit our trucks yet? I had a set of stick on AVS ones for my Tacoma, but it doesn't look like they've made a set for the 14?Silverado. I wonder if the 2013 application will work?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the 2013 will work, only because nothing else seems to. I have seen them but I can't remember where it was. I don't have time right now but I'll do some searching later for you

I added the GMT800 crewcab AVS sills to my GMT900 (2010) and they fit. Cant really suggest buying a set and them not working out but its worth a shot? They are like $30, worst case you can put them up for sale and sell them to a member if they dont work

Based on the link Larry posted it looks like the 2014 use the same set as the 2007 - 2013. Not a fan of the brushed aluminum along with the steep price, might just order the AVS set from Amazon and if they don't fit, send the back or eat the cost. Maybe someone who had a 900 and upgraded will know if the door sills are the same shape

I will be installing XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit and XPEL Clear Universal Door Edge Guard (0.38" x 12') Paint Protection Film Kit tomorrow if it is warm enough. I got both of these kits on Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have luck installing the X-pel Clear Door sill guards? Possibly through up some pics on how you choose to apply them? I tried to install a set yesterday and with the shape of our sill, it came out looking like crap. The set listed by Irymal won't work on our truck either, it's for 2013 - prior 1500 Silverado's/Sierra's and the 2014 2500. I called and verified with my parts guy. Might have to go back to the place that installed my clear bra and see what they can do, since they use bulk film which can cover the total area.

Thats what i did...i got orange masking tape door sill protects...urban ghetto. Anyways the xpel set mentioned earlier are too narrow to cover the painted are and it looks like crap if you layer the strip with the ledge on our trucks. I ordered a set of 4in wide film from amazon which i hope will be wide enough.

....The set listed by Irymal won't work on our truck either, it's for 2013 - prior 1500 Silverado's/Sierra's and the 2014 2500. ....

Are you sure? This is for a crew cab which mine is. This is a paste of the descriptor:

Door Sill Plates - Front and Rear Sets, Crew Cab, GMC Logo on Front Set, Brushed Stainless Steel 17802524 $185.00 GMC/Sierra This accessory is applicable for years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Archived