The grass is always greener?

I have seen quite a few posts on here talking about all the problems they read about in this forum and how they are thinking of going to Ford because of the bad posts. I am not going to bad mouth Ford or Dodge....they make good products, and some prefer them. I prefer Chevy (I wont even THINK about Toyota). But before you make a decision to buy an F-150 over a Silverado because of some bad posts you read on this forum, consider this. I was just on the Ford F-150 forum. In the first 3 pages, I found postings complaining about the following:

Turbo problems

Sync problems

Rust problems

Grinding noises coming from the rear

Unexplained vibrations

Poor gas mileage

Transmission shuddering

Transmission leaking

Remember, many times the grass looks greener till you actually get to the other side and find out it's just WEEDS!

Exactly! Well said. No matter what forum you go to you'll find people complaining about this or that. It may look like a lot of issues but there's many more people not having issues out driving their new trucks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

At least they circled the problem

Glad someone posted this! So many negative posts out there. I love my 2014; the little problems I'm having are expected for a brand new body style. My last truck was a Ford and it was nothing but problems.

I used to work at a Ford dealer. I wouldn't drive an F-150 if you paid me. Just came from three Dodge trucks in a row, had a few problems but nothing earth shattering. Did have to get towed once which kinda sucked. No GM vehicle ever left me at the side of the road.

Ford, Dodge, GM, Toyota and Nissan all make fine trucks. With trucks being the biggest cash cow for all manufacturers, I doubt they wouldn't do their homework and put out a decent product. If not nobody would buy them and manufacturers will quit building them. I would have no issue buying a Ford, I just prefer GM since for me GM has kept the Silverado truer to a traditional truck. If all these trucks we discuss were crap, they wouldn't sell hundreds of thousand a year. Do your homework and buy the best truck that fits your needs and taste. Also look at it this way, do you see the side of the roads just littered with all these problematic trucks....forums are nothing more than a virtual drama pit at times. Take it as such and sleep well at night with your purchase.

Every truck model / brand has good and bad years. Right now, to me...it's either the Ram or the Sierra/Silverado. Next year might be the 2015 F150, and who knows...maybe after that the Tundra will kick some serious ass.

Every truck model / brand has good and bad years. Right now, to me...it's either the Ram or the Sierra/Silverado. Next year might be the 2015 F150, and who knows...maybe after that the Tundra will kick some serious ass.

Hey you are talking about me!!!

I am that guy thinking of switching. Like I said I am a die hard chevy guy but the pricing and the fact

that when I drove the Ford I liked it have me wondering. Thats what you guys are for!!! Keep me in line.

I have purchased 7 new chevy trucks over the years and will prolly

end up with another one. I have been on the Ford forum and do see many similar issues thaat you guys

with the new 14's are experiencing. I think you convinced me!!!! I am going to keep my paid for truck

that has only ever been to the dealer once and that was just a reprogramm of the computer.

There that should last 10 minutes till I get back on chevy's site and I will want one again.

Don't doubt that those on here are having real issues. Having said that, most folks with issues will go to forums to look for help. I (and perhaps many others) came here looking for info, mods, tips and tricks. Not having any issues, just looking for more ways to enjoy my truck. My wife says I drive at a more leisurely pace now, and its true! I take my time getting anywhere because the truck is so fun to drive.

I have seen quite a few posts on here talking about all the problems they read about in this forum and how they are thinking of going to Ford because of the bad posts. I am not going to bad mouth Ford or Dodge....they make good products, and some prefer them. I prefer Chevy (I wont even THINK about Toyota). But before you make a decision to buy an F-150 over a Silverado because of some bad posts you read on this forum, consider this. I was just on the Ford F-150 forum. In the first 3 pages, I found postings complaining about the following:

Turbo problems

Sync problems

Rust problems

Grinding noises coming from the rear

Unexplained vibrations

Poor gas mileage

Transmission shuddering

Transmission leaking

Remember, many times the grass looks greener till you actually get to the other side and find out it's just WEEDS!

You forgot bubbling paint issues. There is a thread both on the Ford forum as well as auto transport forums about checking for bubbling paint on the roof seams. Have not seen it in person, just a few photos at the respective forums.

Harleys are my first love but we all need a truck. Four of the guys I ride with bought new F 150s. Three loaded Lariats and a Platnum all Crew Cabs with EcoBoosts. Yeah they are nice trucks. I needed a different truck only because I was driving an old S-10 ZR2 with two bucket seats and I have to take two grandchildren with me at times. I bought it new and it was reliable as hell and still looked new. Now I could have bought a lot of different vehicles to haul the grandkids, but since my buds got new trucks and I could easily afford one I went shopping. Dodges, nice trucks but ugly to my eye. The Fords, really nice but I couldn't get behind a V-6 and don't trust turbos to be durable. I've always been a Chevy guy so next thing I know I'm driving a '14 Silverado LTZ 4WD with most all the bells and whistles and a back seat for the grandkids. I looked at a nice LT but it didn't have leather and those Ford guys did. I have stuff I'll never use but my truck is as nice as or nicer than those Fords and I think the grass is pretty green right where I'm at.

My boss bought a Platinum Eco-Boost with everything imaginable installed it was like 54k. Now with 30k on the truck it has rattles vibrations the whole nine. His whole dash shorted out a few days after having it to. It's really nice but it's not as reliable as I thought it would be. Only bright side is the spool and boost launches lol. He averages 15 mpg 80% highway. I love my truck and laugh at all the nit-picking that goes down on here. I love the forum and enjoy reading everything but ppl get off topic way to fast. To much "I know more than you" going on. These are brand new trucks. They will all have issues some worse than others. My truck was built on a Tuesday so fingers crossed haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harleys are my first love but we all need a truck. Four of the guys I ride with bought new F 150s. Three loaded Lariats and a Platnum all Crew Cabs with EcoBoosts. Yeah they are nice trucks. I needed a different truck only because I was driving an old S-10 ZR2 with two bucket seats and I have to take two grandchildren with me at times. I bought it new and it was reliable as hell and still looked new. Now I could have bought a lot of different vehicles to haul the grandkids, but since my buds got new trucks and I could easily afford one I went shopping. Dodges, nice trucks but ugly to my eye. The Fords, really nice but I couldn't get behind a V-6 and don't trust turbos to be durable. I've always been a Chevy guy so next thing I know I'm driving a '14 Silverado LTZ 4WD with most all the bells and whistles and a back seat for the grandkids. I looked at a nice LT but it didn't have leather and those Ford guys did. I have stuff I'll never use but my truck is as nice as or nicer than those Fords and I think the grass is pretty green right where I'm at.

I have friends with similar issues on their Non GM rigs. Agree with grass is green right where I am, statement!

Archived