Problems after changing Master Window Switch on driver side 2011 Chevy

Hello. I had problems with my heated seat and had to change the Master Door Window switch on the driver side. when i took the old switch out the the door chime was working. after a few moments it stopped working. the next day i got the new switch and installed it and the only thing it would turn on was the driver window. Locks didnt work from that door, passenger windows dont work from that door. i unhooked the battery for a few moments to see if it would fix it. Now im getting warning on my screen as in, service 4 wheel drive, service tire monitoring system, hood open (even though its closed) My seat wont move on the driver side.Blinkers dont work, Break lights stay on. i can turn the key on and the lights will come on but the switch to turn them off and to parking dont work they just stay on. Fog lights dont work. FOB key wont work. I have no clue what happened. anyone have any guidance on this?

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 5.3L V8 Crew Cab

Welcome to the forum. How many miles are on your truck? More than 36,000 I'm guessing...Did you disconnect the battery when doing the swap? Check fuses/relays on side of dash and under hood. Sounds like too many problems for that to be the solution but it's a good place to start. When you say master door window switch are you talking about the whole panel with windows locks mirrors etc.? Did you do the heated seat switch panel first? I guess I've got more questions than answers but I'm curious how you got to the window panel for a heated seat problem. More info will help those smarter than me to assist you.

The master window switch is where anything connected to the door hooks up too. the heater button is on the door and it connects to the window switch window panel. I checked the fuses but dont know how to check the relays. Im hoping my computer in the truck isnt screwed up. im gonna leave it off the battery tonight and see about it in the morning

Usually, the main window switch has to be programmed after installation. It communicates with the BCM (Body Control Module, it controls body accessories). See your dealer, they can do it for you if needed.

Edited by C/K Man

Yes, just take the truck to the dealer. I changed a window switch in a friend's Trailblazer, when I finished I took the truck to the dealer I bought the switch from and they programmed it. If the switch is not programmed, it will cause the BCM to malfunction and none of your accessories will work right.

• 6 years later...