2WD LTZ and SLT are hard to find

Unfortunately the options I must have are: Black/Blk, Nav, Bose, LTZ, Park Assist and 22' inch wheels are mainly found on 4X4's. I spent about 3 to 4 hours searching online in the major zip codes in 2 states and couldn't find anything. The Chevy site should let you expand a search radius by distance from a zip code instead of just entering a zip code without filters for distance.

Why don't you buy the truck with the 20" factory wheels and buy the wheels you want outside the dealer... buying those factory 22" wheels are a rip off through the dealer. Check out the link below, plus once you purchase the 22" oem wheels you want you can then sell the LTZ wheels for around $1500..

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/all-new-silverado-1500/wheels-c-26_2519_2520_2529.html

Suits the trim? That is about completely opposite. Down here in Texas about the only reason you need 4wd is if you go off road at all. We might get snow covered roads once every two years for a day or two, not enough to justify it for just that reason at the added up front cost, maintenance and fuel mileage hit. Those highend trucks aren't taken off road most of the time (they aren't made for it with their low profile highway tires, expensive wheels and possibly blemishing their paint on their truck that they want to look like aluxury vehicle or something). Living up north with regular snow fall is completely different. Or if you regularly drive on the beach, other then that if you are just buying it to do some towing and hauling on the road, what's the point? Not everyone thinks having a 4x4 sticker on their truck makes them more macho.

Tyler

Actually you don't really need 4x4 for snow, its more for off-roading to begin w/ - snow tires make a bigger difference in the snow than 4 wheel drive does. It is absolutely necessary if you drive in the sand though, that is correct. What I meant by "suits the trim" is that its fully loaded. You don't NEED navigation or park assist do you? You have a brain and 2 eyes right? So you can read a map or stick a garmin to the windshield? Same argument.I guess it is different down south, but up north whether it has to do w/ snow or not, on resale having a 2wd truck is about as good as having a V6.

Well the dealer found me a truck today that was driven by the owner for 2 weeks loaded with sunroof, nav, LTZ plus package, 22's, bed mat, running boards, sliding rear glass, driver alert. Black on black. I got it for 8k off MSRP they have me 400 more on my trade than their sister store offered. I'm finally back into a pickup and couldn't be happier. Also has 4X4 and although I don't need it the deal was one I couldn't pass on.

Thanks for all the feedback. It was good to get different perspectives.

Archived