Radio Reception Issues

I just bought my first GMC truck last Thursday and I am having the same issue. Local radio stations that are in HD that I've had no problem clearly picking up in other vehicles are barely achieved in this new truck. I thought it was just a GMC thing. Didn't realized it was a purposeful attempt to encourage paid services. Not cool GM.

Im not sure i would say GM did it on purpose, but possibly.

They changed the type of radio with the "intelli-stink" system, and the radio is not as good. There will be no "fix" from GM. It actually is working as it should, just not working as well as the previous radios in the gmt 800, 900, etc.

Attention aftermarket: Please come of with something to increase radio reception => antenna booster, new antenna, new radio :dunno:

Edited by 02SierraZ71

My Dealer contacted GM twice on this issue. They are supposedly working on this issue.

Its all double-talk from the dealer and GM. They dont even acknowledge the problem. It isnt like the antenna isnt hooked up or something. The intelli-stink system sucks.

Edited by 02SierraZ71

The reception issue is not some secret squirrel conspiracy by GM to make people buy into premium service. The simple fact is they have either a bad design or a quality lapse issue with one of their suppliers.

• Like 1

Received a call about this from GM today, they are still working the problem, I was informed by GM rep that it is important that customers make GM or their dealers aware of the problem . The more concerns the faster it will be resolved. If only a few people voice a concern then unfortunately nothing will be done. I told the rep about this site and all the posts and was told that only concerns brought directly to GM were considered.

So what exactly do the gm customer care reps that respond to concerns on this site do? Can any gm care rep. Respond and let us know if gm is aware of this? What is the rep role when concerns are brought to this forum?

So what exactly do the gm customer care reps that respond to concerns on this site do? Can any gm care rep. Respond and let us know if gm is aware of this? What is the rep role when concerns are brought to this forum?

i read a good description about this on this site about a month ago.

The GM reps on this site are like the close button on an elevator. You think it does something but in actuality it/they does/do nothing.

lol.. that's pretty funny... true.. couldn't have said it better. The reps job is to "smooth over" things .. try to make you feel better. Same response.. """ Please PM me your vin, dealer, etc, etc... we will look into it""" we all know nothing ever happens.

• Like 1

I order to have a concern put into GM's system for action they give you a case number. If you call their customer assistance center to report your concern they will give you a number.

If you are having FM reception issues call the customer assistance center. They will give you a case number and that will notify GM about your concern. They will also notify you if a solution to this problem is found. The number for GMC is 1-800-462-8782.