Radio Reception Issues

I recommend anyone with the radio issue contact the GM person on this site and let Jennifer know. She opened a case for me on mine. Until GM has enough cases they cant do anything, it will take GM knowing about it in large numbers for them to take a truck from the lot, diagnosis the issue then come up with a verified fix that can be deployed on customer vehicles as a fix.

• Like 2

you may not noticed bad reception if you live in a big city area where there are many large stations. I live in a rural area but have stations within 20 miles that will not come in. I have been to the dealer 4 times and it is an hour drive one way. They have tried all kinds of things including having me turn off the HD but that did not help. So They had me drive another 2014 home and it was just as bad. I have 3 vehicles and the others have no problem picking up my favorite station nor did any of my previous vehicles. I think GM need to replace the radio, add a booster, or do something for us. I love my truck other than that.

• Like 1

I recommend anyone with the radio issue contact the GM person on this site and let Jennifer know. She opened a case for me on mine. Until GM has enough cases they cant do anything, it will take GM knowing about it in large numbers for them to take a truck from the lot, diagnosis the issue then come up with a verified fix that can be deployed on customer vehicles as a fix.

how do you contact her? I have the same problem

NEW 2014 GMC Sierra has HORRIBLE Radio/HD Radio reception. There was a pretty long post about this before with a good amount of people on it. I've concluded they are pushing XM so hard that they made the reception for anything else atrocious.

My radio reception sucks

The FM reception on my GMC Sierra SLE sucks! My previous ride, 2011 Mazda 3 was awesome. I just run my iPod instead mosta the time!

i also leave north of Philly, the radio sation with the strongest signal doesn't come in clear. i agree 50k for a truck and the radio is the worst.

The first FM car radio was introduced in 1952.

60 years later and GM can't figure it out.

Unbelievable.

My 13fx4 i could listen to a DC station in fredericksburg md.. thats about 2hr away.

my silverado i cant listen to a station thats 30min away...

the radio blows ass..the service is joke.

my wife thought it was broken from going in and out of hd so much..

the caps were in a shootout tonight and it went in and out 4x it almost got punched through the dash.

• Like 1

With the number of concerns this is not an isolated problem, it effects a number of owners in different areas of the country. I would like to see a response from Jennifer or someone at GM.

Well, where is the rep from GM????????? Please we need something done about this. I live in Mingo Junction, Ohio and I have never had a problem picking up 95.7 which is a Wheeling, WV station and only about 20 miles away and it is a strong FM station. I do hope that we will not be ignored for this problem. I am sure it is a problem on all the 2014 GM Sierra's but some live close enough to their favorite radio station that they have not noticed it or they don't listen to FM at all. My time is worth something too and I have made 4 2 hr round trips to my dealer for this and they can not figure out what to do. Not to mention the many hours I had to sit in a waiting room bored out of my mind too. And at today's gas prices it has cost more than my time also. I want a fix to the problem and re-imbursement all incurred.....PLEASE!!!!!

I get great FM reception on the one station that I listen to unless I change to a different station or XM. Then it can't find that station again. I have to shut off the truck and restart it for the radio to find it again. Painful!