Radio Reception Issues

she must be on vacation then as we are getting no response from a GM rep!!! I bought my truck in Pa also and have gone in 4 times now for the radio problem. I don't want to give up my truck though. I just want it fixed. I have put a lot of extras on my truck including having the dealer paint on silver racing stripes and clear coating them.

• Like 1

she must be on vacation then as we are getting no response from a GM rep!!! I bought my truck in Pa also and have gone in 4 times now for the radio problem. I don't want to give up my truck though. I just want it fixed. I have put a lot of extras on my truck including having the dealer paint on silver racing stripes and clear coating them.

2evyjage.jpg

seems she a computer response

FM radio reception needs to be fixed. Its not like we can just swap out stereo. This should not happen in a 2014 vehicle. Absoutly the worst FM reception I have ever had. Can even use the HD radio, have to keep turning off the HD.

• Like 1

i think the problem is that the radio reception is not as good with this mylink system or whatever it is. its not that its not working properly, its just that is isnt as good as what was used as the radio before.

maybe there will be an aftermarket solution to improve the radio reception.

I don't believe that the dealers can fix this radio problem other than informing GM that there are customers that have real concerns with their new expensive trucks. The problem needs to be addressed by GM and I have heard nothing from them. I have a broken dip stick on my truck and the part is on order, when I pick it up at the dealer I am going to talk with the service manager to see if there is any one at GM that we can get to address this concern.

• Like 1

If Jennifer cant get the GM engineers rolling on getting a fix out then I have most of the executive GM leaderships email address. At the time of calling uncle I will post it up on the site so everyone can email the executive leaders of GM. Maybe with enough emails to the CEO's of GM will help get the ball moving. I need to see which ones are still active and revise the list.

• Like 2

If Jennifer cant get the GM engineers rolling on getting a fix out then I have most of the executive GM leaderships email address. At the time of calling uncle I will post it up on the site so everyone can email the executive leaders of GM. Maybe with enough emails to the CEO's of GM will help get the ball moving. I need to see which ones are still active and revise the list.

Good idea

I found Jennifer's email address and sent the following letter:

Dear Jennifer:

I have been told that you monitor the GM truck forum but as of yet we have not seen a response from you on the radio issue. I purchased a new 2014 GMC Sierra Z-71 from 1Cochran of Robinson, Pa. While I have made other trips to the dealer for waves and dents in my truck and a recall on the seat back cables; I also have made four trips for poor radio reception. They have taken antenna apart and cleaned paint off to bare metal for ground and tightened up the antenna. They have looked for an adjustment for weak fm staion but to no avail. They have tried shutting down the HD on each station and finally they even had me come up and take another 2014 home to see if it had better reception in my area. Nothing has worked and they have determined it is a problem with all 2014's. I am very tired of sitting in a waiting room for hours over and over. Also the trip is an hour each way being a two hour trip and with me being a diabetic and sitting there for hours, I have had to eat out at restaurants each time. This is getting expensive and my time is valuable as well.. I have found on the forum that this is not an isolated incident. I am 62 years old and never have I had a vehicle that could not pick up my favorite local station which is only 20 miles away and has a very strong signal strength. We would be interested to know if GM is aware of the problem and would like to know what are they going to do about it? I switched from a loaded 2012 Dodge Ram for this truck and now wondering if I made a bad choice. I do know that there is a lemon law in Pa that takes affect once you have been back for the same problem 3 times. I have put a lot of time and money into my truck since it left the factory. I had the dealer paint silver racing stripes on hood and tailgate and clear coated as well. I had spray in bedliner done. I had chrome step boards installed. I also have had dual exhaust installed. I take much pride in my vehicles and put much effort and time in them. When I purchase a vehicle I look for quality, performance, and style. I believe I have found a quality vehicle but very surprised to find radio reception problems in our day of electronics and knowledge. Do all the radios have this problem? I do not have a dvd player in mine but do have a cd player and a back up camera. If the dvd radio does not have the same problem then please upgrade me. I would have been willing to pay the difference but now that I have so many hours of time, miles on my truck, costs of meals, and price of gas, I think I am owed something for my inconvenience. My phone number is 740-275-2342 if needed. My email is [email protected]

Thank you,

Steven L. Roush

Hopefully we will get somewhere with this now

• Like 1