2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

I've searched and found some info but I'm trying to pull the trigger on one today.. It seems Airaid has the only legit looking CAI K&N isn't out yet I'm wondering if I should wait it out for a few months to see what gets released? Is anyone running the Airaid with the 5.3 that can leave some feedback?

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm in the same spot as you DJ. Wanting to get a CAI but I'd like to have a couple of options to me. I had an AEM on my last car and really liked it. It was a dry filter so you just had to vacuum it and wash it out - no re-oiling it. But they haven't released anything yet either. I'm thinking another couple of months is when these as well as a couple more options for the exhaust will be made available.

I had a K&N on my 03 Blazer and it really woke it up. Sounded nice to when I got in it. The S&B I have in my cummins works really good to. I know this has all been laid out somewhere on this forum but I can't find any testing or real world response with the Airaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Airaid for the 5.3 on my 6.2 truck right now and like it. Power definitely picked up along with intake noise.

After exchanging several PMs with TJay, I ordered the exact same Air Raid system TJay has on his 6.2. Yes, it is advertised for the 5.3, however, Air Raid folks convinced TJay, not only would it work on the 6.2, but they had no immediate plans to release any system for the 6.2, as this one would work fine. I also have a 6.2 Denali, but I have an appointment to get mine tuned in Charlotte on the 21st.. I wanted to get a CAI installed before the tune, so I opted to go with the "TJay Method." That is installing the Air Raid, 5.3 system on my 6.2.

I'm running the AFE 54-32332 dry and I'm happy with it. Now they have the 54-74104, I would have probably gone with that if it was out when I bought mine

http://afepower.com/shop/application_searchnew.php?searchtype=vehicle&diesel=false&truck=false&type=gas&make=Chevrolet+Truck&year=2014&model=Silverado&engine=5.3L&x=60&y=18

I'm running the AFE 54-32332 dry and I'm happy with it. Now they have the 54-74104, I would have probably gone with that if it was out when I bought mine

http://afepower.com/shop/application_searchnew.php?searchtype=vehicle&diesel=false&truck=false&type=gas&make=Chevrolet+Truck&year=2014&model=Silverado&engine=5.3L&x=60&y=18

Yea, KG, I really like that AFE 54-74104. I wonder if it would also fit the 6.2? As mentioned in a post above I just ordered the Air Raid system which has been verified that it fits the 6.2, but I do like the looks of this AFE system. Of course in another 6 months, I'm sure there will be several options to pick from. Thanks for sharing.

Are you guys going w/ the sealed box or the open style? I would imagine the open air style would make more power but require more cleaning.

Isn't Banks performance also a choice among GM trucks?

I think I'm also going wait and see what else comes out, as it is I already was probably the first guinea pig for Flowmaster's system...

Yea, KG, I really like that AFE 54-74104. I wonder if it would also fit the 6.2? As mentioned in a post above I just ordered the Air Raid system which has been verified that it fits the 6.2, but I do like the looks of this AFE system. Of course in another 6 months, I'm sure there will be several options to pick from. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure they would fit both. After a year or two when there are options from everyone I will probably try out another brand and find someone to buy mine.

I really like the sound mine gives off when accelerating. They have their rating as far as HP but its minimal, however I did notice better a gas mileage reading.

I don't see why their 5.3 wont fit the 6.2, the Airaid one does. The throttle body opening and airbox along with everything else is the same for the 5.3 and the 6.2 engine. They may not know for sure it will fit.