2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

Because the 6.2L is dangerous as is and CAI makers don't want to be liable for possible accidents caused by the power increase.

But no seriously, its just silicon transition coupler.  3.5" to 3" I believe?

On 6/24/2018 at 7:06 PM, ChristopherDB said:

Is there any particular reason why GM sells an intake for the 5.3 but not the 6.2L?

Not sure why GM doesn't but other brands do. aFe, Volant and the full Airaid perform the best from what we have seen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 8:04 PM, Mikeba said:

I haven't read every reply. Too many on this topic.

I'm considering the S&B. Does anyone have this setup?

I just installed the S&B on my 17 5.3 and love it. It was a toss up between that and the AFE and I decided on S&B. I liked the bigger box and the window on top. 

IMG_6396.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mikeba said:

Looks really nice!

Did that setup increase HP, throttle response, mpg?

Either way, I'll be ordering S&B soon.

I have a 7” lift with 35’s so any hp increase I’m probably not going to notice. Haven’t had it on long enough to notice mpg changes. Throttle response I did notice. It was instantly better. Not a huge difference but very noticeable to me. I’m getting a tuner in the next week or two which paired with the intake should make a big difference in power and drive ability 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, Joesilverado14 said:

I installed the gm CAI on my 2014, just purchased a replacement filter 23231630 from the dealer. 100 bucks and some change, took a week for the dealer to get it. I noticed on the box it was shipped for K&N engineering in CA. I have looked on the K&N website and could not find an exact match. 

So does anyone known what the part number would be, in the hopes of saving some cash in the future.

$100 just for replacing the filter?  Just plain crazy if so.  Depending on the filter size I know AMSOIL sells filters that can fit most of the CAI systems. Just need your dimensions and then can cross it to an AMSOIL air filter.

• 3 weeks later...

I ran across this. Seems to be a K&N knockoff for nearly half the price.

Anyone used this SPECTRE brand filter?

They also make their own intake kit for the 2014-2018 Silverado/Sierra and you can get it for around $155.

SPE-HPR8756.jpg

9026.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2018 at 12:06 PM, Jarrad@BBP said:

Not sure why GM doesn't but other brands do. aFe, Volant and the full Airaid perform the best from what we have seen.

In the latest BBP CAI test the MIT with factory air box showed no gain above factory numbers, however all other CAI's showed gains. Has BBP ever tested oem intake piping with baffles connected to aftermarket "CAI filter box" with larger surface area (reduced restriction) round/cone filters? I'm considering this with one of the "CAI filter boxes" tested by BBP. I recall in the previous BBP test with GEN 4 engines the MIT tube combined with factory air box and K&N replacement filter ranked high in results compared to other manufacturers complete CAI systems. Your current test utilized MIT tube with factory box and factory filter implying (to me at least) that a less restrictive filter element has the more effect than the tube itself. Please help me understand as I'd gladly purchase a complete system and install CAI box without tube if I could benefit performance without the additional sound the tube seems to create. 

Something I'd like to add, and I wish it would have been available when BBP did there test, the Airaid MIT has changed design for the 6.2l since the test. I'd like to see how the new design MIT tube would perform in the same test. If you go in thre website you can see the difference in the 14-15 and I think even the 16 model year compared to what they offer for the 17-18 6.2l Trucks.

4 hours ago, NemesisC5 said:

In the latest BBP CAI test the MIT with factory air box showed no gain above factory numbers, however all other CAI's showed gains. Has BBP ever tested oem intake piping with baffles connected to aftermarket "CAI filter box" with larger surface area (reduced restriction) round/cone filters? I'm considering this with one of the "CAI filter boxes" tested by BBP. I recall in the previous BBP test with GEN 4 engines the MIT tube combined with factory air box and K&N replacement filter ranked high in results compared to other manufacturers complete CAI systems. Your current test utilized MIT tube with factory box and factory filter implying (to me at least) that a less restrictive filter element has the more effect than the tube itself. Please help me understand as I'd gladly purchase a complete system and install CAI box without tube if I could benefit performance without the additional sound the tube seems to create. 

Edited by Crobinson16

BBPs 6.2L stock dyno numbers were EXTREMELY low. So low in fact they seem unrealistic, especially when you compare their numbers to Hennessy’s test numbers. The fact of how far their numbers seemed to be off make me doubt that entire test

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys