2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I forgot to post after getting my Truck Gear hard tri-fold installed.  So far it is great.  I have had zero leaks by the seals and just the minor maybe 1% dampness by the tailgate from the gap.  I will have 3 posts as apparently the file sizes are too large for one post.

B01CBBCC-A016-4AE7-9C72-285157D251B8.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Bing3r said:

I forgot to post after getting my Truck Gear hard tri-fold installed.  So far it is great.  I have had zero leaks by the seals and just the minor maybe 1% dampness by the tailgate from the gap.  I will have 3 posts as apparently the file sizes are too large for one post.

08EAD1A6-4213-44C4-9B57-1A1A7D18A658.jpeg

Just now, Bing3r said:

08EAD1A6-4213-44C4-9B57-1A1A7D18A658.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Bing3r said:

And the last picture is apparently larger than 4.88MB by itself.  I’ll upload it later if someone can explain how to change the file size on an iPhone.

6 minutes ago, bkesting said:

Installed an Access Lorado cover yesterday.

cover3.jpg

I have the Lund soft roll up on mine but the Access Lorado looks smoother and more taut. How much and what style of bridge work is under it? Photo? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I have the Lund soft roll up on mine but the Access Lorado looks smoother and more taut. How much and what style of bridge work is under it? Photo? Thanks. 

The Lorado runs about $475-$500, but I found this one off eBay from a dealer that had acquired a bunch of these that had damaged boxes, but the contents were just fine.....sold to me for $350.  It is very taut and there are three or four rails that span across the bed that sit on top of the rails.  I'll snap a pic of the inside later this afternoon.

Edit: Here are some grainy pics of the inside of the Lorado install:

bar1.jpg

bar2.jpg

Edited by bkesting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fold-a-Cover is bar far the best cover at least for my needs. Hard cover, folds flat against cab of truck. Has a front hatch that opens and locked. A storage/tool box is also available. You don’t have to open your tail gate to get into the back locking hatch. Has room under the storage/tool box for longer items. Not a drop inside my truck. I’m sure it was because of the superior install done by me lol. Installed in about 2 hours. I’ve had it 6 months and still love it. https://www.foldacover.com/products/tonneau-covers/g4-elite-fold-a-cover/

All covers have their pros and cons including FoldACover.  DARIN mentioned some pros.  One small con, though, is that FoldACover still uses metal "piano" hinges which no one uses anymore.  The seal that keeps water out of the piano hinge tends to break over time.  The heavier the use of folding the cover, the quicker the seal will break.  If you don't fold it very often, the seal should last a long time.  The seal is replaceable.

Edited by TruckDaddy

Hey all new to the forum just took possession of a 2018 ocean blue LTZ e assist. I am currently waiting to get it back from getting bed liner sprayed and windows tinted. Looking to upgrade my factory cover to a Bak flip MX4, what are you guys finding for pricing on these currently?  How are they holding up over the years?  

16 hours ago, 2018deepocean said:

Hey all new to the forum just took possession of a 2018 ocean blue LTZ e assist. I am currently waiting to get it back from getting bed liner sprayed and windows tinted. Looking to upgrade my factory cover to a Bak flip MX4, what are you guys finding for pricing on these currently?  How are they holding up over the years?  

Do a search here for the Bak covers fitting flush to the top rail.  There has been quite a few leaking issues with them.  Look above at bkesting's red truck with the Access Lorado cover, it's a classy one.

Edited by Rolling Thunder