2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Got the MX4 today love it anyone in the local SF bay area need a Bak G2 i'm looking to move it also have the factory one that came with the e assist model. Shortbed Crew cab. 

I thought of getting the truck gear mx4 version bc of the lifetime warranty. Just doubt I’d have the cover longer than 5 years lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Afgixxer said:

I thought of getting the truck gear mx4 version bc of the lifetime warranty. Just doubt I’d have the cover longer than 5 years lol

I don't keep vehicles long either so MX4 was a no brainer.

Anyone know if there is a price difference (Truck Gear vs MX4)?

Didn’t you message me promoting the truck gear stuff vs the other brands bc of their warranty? Lol

10 hours ago, Afgixxer said:

Didn’t you message me promoting the truck gear stuff vs the other brands bc of their warranty? Lol

I did not send a message to you.  You think I own truck gear or something?  I wish! Lol

Edited by TruckDaddy

Oh it just seemed like you were involved with them or something lol. Il check it out. Might just go with the undercover ultra flex since a 5yr warranty is plenty

anyone know the difference b/t lomax tri fold and baklfip mx4?  I wish the search function was more useful as I'm sure this has been asked before.  From what I can tell is they're both quality products.   The mx4 has drain tubes and the lomax doesn't.  But I haven't been able to find any comparisons b/t the two.

Edited by diegosaurus
added more detail

Extang Solid fold 2.0 

https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/extang-solid-fold-2.0-tonneau-cover

The good: easy to remove and install. No rails or hardware to fasten to your bed. It sits ontop of bed rails so you get maximum height for items under cover. Mostly water resistant. Car wash and downpour 99% water stays out. I think some comes in due to stake bed pockets. Panels are insulated and thick and stay cool to touch on bottom side. 

The bad: expensive at $850. When it rains I can see the impressions the pads left when I drove with it open. It could have been better designed to match bed rail shape. Handles and spring clasps are all plastic. 

Edited by 2009GMC
  • Like 1

Got my new Truxedo Sentry CT hard roll up  installed last night. It's a brand new cover for them that has a canvas top rather than the shiny vinyl. It's got an almost flush profile.  So far I really like it.  Not cheap but seems worth the price.  I will report back if any issues come up.

20180726_210429.jpg

Edited by 8086BRUCE