2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

found a leak in the undercover flex tonneau cover and fix it but come on you should not need to do stuff like this when you spend hundreds of dollars on this so 

#1 was leaking from the drain tube you easily think it would have been glued or at least a gasket not just plastic on aluminum 4BCB5B52-B9DA-413F-8679-57506AAE4D26_zps6BCA5784-64E8-46B2-A6B4-175F9B1356E3_zps

used some fast acting bond stuff A09FD4CB-0065-4F8E-91E4-9EF0995947D5_zps551519C6-690F-419A-B131-4D8F64746CE1_zps

#3 gasket sealer may not look to pretty but it worked and was a free all stuff was in the workshop at home 

7B693748-E589-4E3C-8DCF-B8F49C57BFFA_zps

E222A70C-9598-4A13-B1F3-65AB42D4438F_zps

#4 few hours after all things are dry reinstall and found out no more leaks 

For Sale,

BAK Revolver X4

Fits Silverado / Sierra 2014-2018 5'8" Bed 

Brand new in box never installed or removed from box. All factory hardware included.  

$850 OBO (Paypal)

Local pickup or buyer arranges & pays for shipment. 

PM me if interested

20180916_145308.jpg

20180916_145236.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 4:20 AM, joegar82 said:

Thoughts on the tonneau coves from Truck Gear by Line X?? 

I have one.  Its the same thing as the Bak mx4 but with a lifetime warranty.  Its a nice cover but it does leak some on the sides.  

1 hour ago, vhreso said:

I have one.  Its the same thing as the Bak mx4 but with a lifetime warranty.  Its a nice cover but it does leak some on the sides.  

The MX4 (and Truck Gear) have built-in water channels on the sides, so are you saying you're getting water in the water channels?

Edited by TruckDaddy

Which one do you have, the lxp or the stealth model? Any pictures you mind sharing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I picked up the Lomax tri fold. I have had it for about 8 months and so far I'm impressed.  Keeps the bed dry, and very low profile.  

No lock, but have to open tailgate to open cover. Helps with low profile.  Aluminum looks nice, not sure what hail will do, that is coming this year I'm sure. 

Only problem is its alittle pricey. 

20181003_184714.jpg

20181003_184558.jpg

• Like 1

I've had my Bakflip MX4 now for a few months.  I'm not a huge fan of the method for holding the cover open in the flipped up position.  The rods and connecting pieces are too flimsy.  They wouldn't hold mine open at highway speeds, which I feel that it should.  Combined with water getting into the bed, I would look elsewhere.  They look good, but don't function as well.

I don't own a Lomax, but I've seen a dealer display.  Likes:  The finish does look really nice.  Semi-dislikes:  The cover just looks a little odd because it sits above the rails with no side seals.  The aluminum on the bottom side of the panels have no finish, they are bare aluminum.  I wonder if the the little rubber attachments and rubber band thing that are used when securing the open panels will last a while or break prematurely.  None of these things are deal breakers for me, but......

Edited by TruckDaddy

I've had my Bakflip MX4 now for a few months.  I'm not a huge fan of the method for holding the cover open in the flipped up position.  The rods and connecting pieces are too flimsy.  They wouldn't hold mine open at highway speeds, which I feel that it should.  Combined with water getting into the bed, I would look elsewhere.  They look good, but don't function as well.

I would let bak know, I have a G2 and it holds up fine at highway speeds and no leaks, they’ll probably send you a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/3/2018 at 9:41 AM, CKrado said:

Which one do you have, the lxp or the stealth model? Any pictures you mind sharing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I believe its the stealth.  

IMG_3055.JPG

Edited by vhreso
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 9:24 AM, TruckDaddy said:

The MX4 (and Truck Gear) have built-in water channels on the sides, so are you saying you're getting water in the water channels?

No i get some water in the bed.  Im not sure where its coming from.  I definitely get some by the tailgate.  If it rains i always have water on the sides of the bed.  

I had a lock and roll on a 94 Dodge - it came with it. Worked good until one lip got bent a wee bit. Then it was a pain to slid in and out, and that also wore out the seal. Even with that the whole thing weathered rather fast. For as much as they cost I feel the rest of it should have held up better.

In 13 I bought a used Access and I have put it on 3 pickups. Just yesterday I called in for a couple replacement buckles, they asked for the SN and sent them out free of charge. They now have a customer for life.