2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I installed the undercover Ultra Flex last night. I was hesitant to go with this cover again as i had one on my ram and it was less than great.

However, they made some changes to the rails, clamps and hinges and it looks like it fixed my concerns. I will post more pics later.

c4fea92696b7315626b734ad1d70acb4.jpg

Free bedlight which is MUCH better than their old ones.
23bee95a288744bb1234c19760a06e06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Move Over said:

I installed the undercover Ultra Flex last night. I was hesitant to go with this cover again as i had one on my ram and it was less than great.

However, they made some changes to the rails, clamps and hinges and it looks like it fixed my concerns. I will post more pics later.

c4fea92696b7315626b734ad1d70acb4.jpg

Free bedlight which is MUCH better than their old ones.
23bee95a288744bb1234c19760a06e06.jpg

Can you post a picture showing how it sits against the tailgate?  I'm looking at getting one of these, or something very similar to it.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I love the Truxedo LoPro on my old truck, but am struggling to accept the cost to buy another one for the new truck.  The Tyger seemed like it was maybe too drastic of a swing from high quality to low price. 

I stopped by my local truck accessory shop (Niagara Truck 'n' Stuff), to look at what they had.  I was pointed towards the TrailFX Tonneau Cover TFX1205.  It's basically a Truxedo LoPro copy, with a 5 year (vs lifetime) warranty, and a slightly cheaper looking material.  It's priced between the Tyger and the Truxedo, and looks like it just might be a happy middle ground for me. 

I don't see many reviews on the internet, but this video gives a nice overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBngbiy96sw

Edited by rkj__

If you buy the cover and you get one free canvas saddle bag (along with TWO light strips), then you got lucky by getting old inventory.  Newer inventory does not include the saddle bag and only includes one light strip.

That saddle bag is beyond useless. So are the lights. The saddle bag falls off within the month and folds up on itself. The new lights are far superior.

The new inventory covers are much better built anyhow. The prop rod clips are 10x better and the seals are much more robust than even the covers from 1 year ago.

@bigwaves  My BAKFlip F1, on my 2015, could do that, was pretty light weight.  Was lighter than the cover I had on my Ridgeline.  I had to take them off plenty of times for parades and hauling big items, washer/dryer, water heater, furniture, etc.

Edited by Ravenkeeper

5 hours ago, bigwaves said:

Is there a Diamond Plate Tonneau Cover that can be removed quickly.  I would like a black cover that can hide and lock the contents and fairly quickly be removed to carry bikes.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/d/14-18-chevy-silverado-sb/6726903111.html

10 hours ago, isalas said:

It wasn’t full retail. Most local installers prices are going to vary. I think I paid $12-$1300 installed. 

I wouldn't mind paying that , but I cant find anyone selling it under 2k .

Even Amazon has it for $2,101.57

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0761S2K5R/?coliid=IVPIL4OYW82IA&colid=302GJDWVJ4O03&psc=0

Edited by PAPER

I wouldn't mind paying that , but I cant find anyone selling it under 2k .
Even Amazon has it for $2,101.57

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0761S2K5R/?coliid=IVPIL4OYW82IA&colid=302GJDWVJ4O03&psc=0

The one you linked is E series. They’re more expensive because they are electronic roll up. Mine is the A series manual roll up aluminum cover.