2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I like the hard trifold one with the leather covering it so it still looks seamless.   Not sure of the brand, ordered with my truck through the dealership and it has a bowtie so it's made for Chevy by someone.   Keeps things secure and mostly water proof. 

20181019_184000.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Great deal on a bakflip G2 on ebay2c01dd85b9da4441bd7b2220751edf9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Great deal on the g2. Only thing i hate about that and the flex, is that you have to open the tonneau to shut the tailgate or else you’ll destroy that seal. The mx4 and ultra have the updated tailgate seal.

Still a great deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great deal on the g2. Only thing i hate about that and the flex, is that you have to open the tonneau to shut the tailgate or else you’ll destroy that seal. The mx4 and ultra have the updated tailgate seal.

Still a great deal

Still a great deal

I just installed my UltraCover Ultra Flex.  Why did I go with this one?

- Vinyl covers look cheap...because they are.  Same goes for the vinyl folding covers. 
- Full one-piece covers are a pain in the butt.  Pass
- Roll ups are nice, but the canister takes up a lot of space AND have issues with ice

That left a hard folding cover.  Any cover that requires or recommends you lift the cover to close the tailgate is a joke - period.  There is no reason for that BS.  That takes a number of covers out of the market, including Gator's entire lineup.  I liked the Lomax/WeatherTech cover, but it won't fold up to the cab, so that was a no-go.  Then it ended up leaving me with the BAK or UltraCover higher end covers.  BAK has a worse reputation for quality.  I ended up finding an Amazon Warehouse deal, so at $735 shipped, it was a no brainer:  

20181102-175203-HDR.jpg

20181102-175209-HDR.jpg

20181101-182900.jpg

20181102-175215-HDR.jpg

20181102-175224-HDR.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

I just installed my UltraCover Ultra Flex.  Why did I go with this one?

- Vinyl covers look cheap...because they are.  Same goes for the vinyl folding covers. 
- Full one-piece covers are a pain in the butt.  Pass
- Roll ups are nice, but the canister takes up a lot of space AND have issues with ice

That left a hard folding cover.  Any cover that requires or recommends you lift the cover to close the tailgate is a joke - period.  There is no reason for that BS.  That takes a number of covers out of the market, including Gator's entire lineup.  I liked the Lomax/WeatherTech cover, but it won't fold up to the cab, so that was a no-go.  Then it ended up leaving me with the BAK or UltraCover higher end covers.  BAK has a worse reputation for quality.  I ended up finding an Amazon Warehouse deal, so at $735 shipped, it was a no brainer:  

20181102-175203-HDR.jpg

20181102-175209-HDR.jpg

20181101-182900.jpg

20181102-175215-HDR.jpg

20181102-175224-HDR.jpg

I completely agree with all of your points above.  I am debating between the Undercover Ultra Flex, BAK Revolver X4, or Truxedo Sentry CT.  I think you may have just pushed me towards the Ultra Flex!  Looks awesome on your truck!  Thanks for posting a pic of how you routed the drain tubes as well.

• Like 1

First post on this forum. Just got a new ‘18 Sierra. I had a ‘12 Avalanche and that bed cover was nice. Struggling between the Undercover one piece Elite and the Ultra Flex.  Anyone like or dislike the trifold WeatherTech (Lomax) The Lomax/WeatherTech seems to go to great lengths to claim water tightness. I think I going with that. The design seems better - no drains to deal with and if you need the whole bed just take the covers off.  Thoughts or experiences?

Edited by Kurtj29

I had a Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite on my first truck, it went with it when I traded it in and I bought a new one for my second truck but the straps that pull the tabs on the middle panels to fold deteriorated and broke off, as well as the ones on the tie down straps, I couldn't even secure the cover while folded anymore, of course this happened right at the 2 year mark and I was SOL on getting it fixed under warranty. I just got a new truck so now I'm looking for a new cover, the G4 Elite was 99.99% waterproof in my experience, and I need something as waterproof as possible. I liked the idea of the Roll-and-lock but I saw it's not waterproof, plus you need to open it to open the tailgate. The undercover ultra flex looks nice but I'm not sure about a pull open cable system, and not sure how waterproof it is.

Any other recommendations out there? I'll keep going thru the thread