2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Installed a truxedo lo pro. Reason I picked this over others is the quick detach if necessary. Don’t know how much I will use it, but would hate to be in the situation and not have wrenches with me. The part number says without cargo management, but mine does have that and it still works. 38BB8E57-CF9A-471D-ACCE-28FAF920C6FB.thumb.jpeg.5bdc8a25d989c12a6958ab87520dcf87.jpeg

3 hours ago, NGreen1770 said:

Installed a truxedo lo pro. Reason I picked this over others is the quick detach if necessary. Don’t know how much I will use it, but would hate to be in the situation and not have wrenches with me. The part number says without cargo management, but mine does have that and it still works. 38BB8E57-CF9A-471D-ACCE-28FAF920C6FB.thumb.jpeg.5bdc8a25d989c12a6958ab87520dcf87.jpeg

I agree, the quick detach is another feature that sold me over the Revolver X4.  Doubt I will use it much, but nice to have that ability. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ive read back about 20 pages and haven't seen anything about the Extang sold-fold 2.0.  I did see someone asking about a trifold that locks though.  I keep mine locked and just used the tailgate. Never had any issues with it. I've stood on it and had no worries, I couldn't find an actual weight rating of the panels but their commercial said 3 of his big buddies.

I've had the SolidFold 2.0 on my truck for over 3 years now.  It's still working well.

I updated the latches to the newer ratcheting type but found those weren't easy to use with my extender cage, so I went back to the original ones.

They work fine for me and don't lift much at all as others have reported.

Here's a pic where it is folded it and I'm using it as a shelf for the front wheel of my landsailer.

IMG_3480.JPG

• Like 1

The updated ones have a threaded type shaft that locks the hook in position so it can't be pulled up.

The original ones had a smooth shaft that allowed one to pull up on the lid once locked in place.

In this pic the old style is on the top and  the new style on the bottom. 

You can spot the threaded shaft in the gap on the new style one.

The new style also uses an oval track slider so when it is in vertical position it cannot be shifted or slid into place.

That was the issue for my bed extender as I have to be able to open the clamp and slide it under the bed lip, which I can do with the old style but not this new style.

They are just sitting here.  If anyone wants them cheap send me a note.

IMG_4637.JPG

On 1/9/2019 at 8:15 AM, crewl1 said:

I've had the SolidFold 2.0 on my truck for over 3 years now.  It's still working well.

I updated the latches to the newer ratcheting type but found those weren't easy to use with my extender cage, so I went back to the original ones.

They work fine for me and don't lift much at all as others have reported.

Here's a pic where it is folded it and I'm using it as a shelf for the front wheel of my landsailer.

IMG_3480.JPG

Where do you usually go "sailing" at?  I've gone with a few groups from Edwards AFB out to El Mirage Dry Lake.  They've recently (last few years) started using Roger's Dry Lake (on Edwards AFB) to do their land-sailing, I haven't been out there since they switched, especially since my accident, back in July.

We go to El Mirage mostly and sometimes Ivanpah. I’ve recently started the Landsailing sport the last couple of years .  We started with  kite buggies in the late 90s and still take them out with us on the Landsailing trips. 

• Like 1

I'm looking into a tonneau cover for my 18 Sierra, I want to have full bed access, not cover the side rails and be able to close the tailgate with the cover down.

I'm looking at the:

Under Cover Ultra Flex https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-ultra-flex/2018/gmc/sierra-1500

BakFlip MX4 https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-mx4/2018/gmc/sierra-1500

TruXedo Lo Pro https://truxedo.com/lopro/2018/gmc/sierra-1500

I like the idea of the hard cover with the Ultra Flex and MX4 but I also like the 1/2 price of the Truxedo. I'm basically just wanting to have things in the bed and not get wet.

Opinions between these three?

16 minutes ago, mcdavis said:

What hard covers allow access to the front of the bed by flipping the front panel back besides the factory cover?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know the G4 Elite I had did that

• Like 1

Ok here is what i have ran into.  The Bak Industries reviews on their website says for the Hard Rolling covers that in cold weather like 30 degrees and below that the vinyl pulls away from the aluminum with not much help from BAK.  Then there is Truxedo Titanium Hard Rolling that has really good reviews and even for use in cold weather.  Now has anyone had any experience with the Hard Rolling Cover from GM Accessories made by REV.  So who is REV?  Nothing comes up on Google or Youtube that I could find review wise.  A dealer offered me a pretty good price installed but I don't want to buy again after a couple years.  Need to do it once and be done.  Anyone got anything on the REV Brand or know who the REV brand is?