2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

10 hours ago, Afgixxer said:

I just find it odd that there are no YouTube videos any wear on them or many people that own them and they cost 1200, most expensive covers. I planned on getting the undercover armour flex which is also covered in line x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the Armor Flex, the last panel (below the rear window) is NOT coated with LINE-X and has a 5-year warranty which is pretty good, but the LXP has a lifetime warranty.

Here's a Youtube vid on the LXP cover: 

I’m about to give up on all covers under 600 

first I ordered the rough country hard Tri Fold 

Was not happy with the look and finish of the product 

so figured I’d save some money and try the truxport by truxedo. I like the look of a one piece cover much better but the flapping in the wind is already driving me nuts. (Not even 24hrs) lol

trying to stick to a budget of under 600 but looks like I wont be happy with that price range. 

Back to researching .....again 

Regarding the Armor Flex, the last panel (below the rear window) is NOT coated with LINE-X and has a 5-year warranty which is pretty good, but the LXP has a lifetime warranty.

I meant actually user reviews. Usually everyone has reviews on everything, looks good though .

I meant actually user reviews. Usually everyone has reviews on everything, looks good though .

On 2019-04-20 at 2:18 PM, Afgixxer said:

I’ll be getting mine tomorrow I’ll post some pics and let you know how she works and for leaks?

My second mod was my cover after line-x. I didn’t want to shell out bak flip money and settled for a Gator.

I think it was $479 shipped to my door on sale (March ‘17) for my CCSB.

It’s very easy to remove if needed. Usually if I’m hauling items where I need to open it i leave it in the half position

I will say the clips like to hang on you sometimes. If I pull from the driver side the passenger side clip hangs up a little. Outside of that it’s been a good cover for the two years I’ve had it.

Edited by scrapen

13 hours ago, scrapen said:

My second mod was my cover after line-x. I didn’t want to shell out bak flip money and settled for a Gator.

I think it was $479 shipped to my door on sale (March ‘17) for my CCSB.

It’s very easy to remove if needed. Usually if I’m hauling items where I need to open it i leave it in the half position (pictured below).

I will say the clips like to hang on you sometimes. If I pull from the driver side the passenger side clip hangs up a little. Outside of that it’s been a good cover for the two years I’ve had it.

Gator doesn't make any covers, they are all rebadged covers.  Yours is probably either a Bakflip Fibermax or an Undercover Flex.  Your cover has FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) panels.  I highly recommend that you keep some sort of UV light blocking conditioner on it.  If you don't then the sun will eventually erode the black topcoat and it won't be covered under warranty.  The picture shows what can happen to FRP after a few years without conditioner.

Erickson5.jpg

Edited by TruckDaddy

Thanks for the heads up. Mine is aluminum but regardless of material I imagine it wouldn’t be a bad idea to use spray detailer regularly anyway.

Got my lxp line x tonneau cover on yesterday here’s a couple pics triple seals at the tailgate all aluminum frame 2231B68D-E242-4A24-86A8-682668E170E1.thumb.jpeg.f95e2fac55eda9c8cc5c3820b2c114a5.jpeg30B56EA1-B4AA-464D-8481-677FCF11627D.thumb.jpeg.de5cdd4ab118f83550f33628c45b8391.jpeg
18C1C78D-78B0-4C24-AE39-44CA0D36DA0E.thumb.jpeg.16a312f12e82444f46f44a83a5fb5004.jpeg

Can you DM me your price you paid? Wonder if they would do a deal if I got my truck bed line-x and a bed cover

On 9/18/2018 at 1:00 PM, Hellcat_JH said:

For Sale,

BAK Revolver X4

Fits Silverado / Sierra 2014-2018 5'8" Bed 

Brand new in box never installed or removed from box. All factory hardware included.  

$850 OBO (Paypal)

Local pickup or buyer arranges & pays for shipment. 

PM me if interested

20180916_145308.jpg

20180916_145236.jpg

SOLD

• 2 weeks later...

perhaps not the right thread, but it applies and perhaps it should be in different areas as well. So, I'm confident we have some amazing mechanical engineers on here or some amazing redneckedness going on - or even better the super-hero of the combined powers. I digress. 

So, I just ordered a diamondback cover and I was thinking if there was a way to add a remote locking feature to it perhaps via a pop & lock and if it could be tied into the factory FOB. My truck already has the tailgate tied into the factory FOB - so surely there is something to tap into near by. Below is a link to a factory marketing YouTube video on the cover and @ the 40 sec mark you can see the lock and how it works underneath. 

Thanks in advance to any thoughts and input. 

Diamondback marketing video on YouTube