2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

The place I bought my MX4 from had an undercover model (think it was a flex) there as well, wasn't this one because the MX4 was the only one with the universal tailgate seal. Couple things the sales rep mentioned were the undercover's rails don't sit on the truck bed rails at all, so in theory the cover could be pushed down into the bed with enough force - probably unlikely though. The bigger problem to me was that when folded all the way open, the prop rods hold it straight up and down, rather than leaning it against the cab - so it becomes a sail. Dealer said the owner manual for the undercover states speed limits for driving with the cover vertical as well - might have been in the 50-60mph range but I don't remember for sure.

At the end of the day they are almost identical and made by Truck Hero (parent company) anyway... And the Flex and MX4 were the same price.

This one has the universal tailgate seal as well and this cover also has the "L" shaped brackets. I'm not a fan of the prop rods of the UltraFlex but I would probably remove the cover (MX4 or UltraFlex) before driving like that. Here is a good video of the UltraFlex.

Picked up a TonnoPro tri fold this last weekend. Easy install and seems nice for how cheap it was. attachicon.gifIMG_1647.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Son-In-Law ordered right from Tonnopro...we installed it, and the rear bar is bowed down 1/2"...cant shut the tailgate without lifting the center of the cover above tailgate...Tonnopro sent another, and it was worse...

when you do get the tailgate closed, the rear corners are raised up, leaving a gap between the seal and the bedrail...

My Son-In-Law ordered right from Tonnopro...we installed it, and the rear bar is bowed down 1/2"...cant shut the tailgate without lifting the center of the cover above tailgate...Tonnopro sent another, and it was worse...

when you do get the tailgate closed, the rear corners are raised up, leaving a gap between the seal and the bedrail...

So far, I have not experienced this. My tailgate shuts just fine and the tonno sits just above the tailgate when closed. Being at the back of the bed I don't see this causing much problems with leakage on my truck. I mainly wanted a tonno to use my bed for groceries and other stuff when traveling to free up the back seat. I don't plan on storing anything overnight in it so a gap isn't much of a concern for me. I hope yours gets worked out.

So far, I have not experienced this. My tailgate shuts just fine and the tonno sits just above the tailgate when closed. Being at the back of the bed I don't see this causing much problems with leakage on my truck. I mainly wanted a tonno to use my bed for groceries and other stuff when traveling to free up the back seat. I don't plan on storing anything overnight in it so a gap isn't much of a concern for me. I hope yours gets worked out.

my other Son-In-Law has one on his truck with no problems...I cant believe we got 2 with the same.

I purchased this cover;

https://goo.gl/iWQZbs

One thing I didn't think about when purchasing this retractable cover was access to the stake pockets. I wanted to install thule racks for my paddle board but I couldn't access them because they were covered by the rail system used for the retractable cover.

Anyway so another nice retractable cover that I found is here, and this cover gives you access to the stake pockets.

This is something to think about. I didn't think I'd ever use the stake pockets...well.

Hope this is useful information

I picked up the Undercover SE tonneau for my 2017 Silverado 1500 BlackOut Edition off Amazon for $850 and Prime. Came within a week. Four brackets were super easy to install and slid the tonneau on with the help of my dad. Bolted and locked into place in under 30 minutes. Very nice quality, very strong and great gas struts to lift and lower the tonneau.

• Like 1

I picked up the Undercover SE tonneau for my 2017 Silverado 1500 BlackOut Edition off Amazon for $850 and Prime. Came within a week. Four brackets were super easy to install and slid the tonneau on with the help of my dad. Bolted and locked into place in under 30 minutes. Very nice quality, very strong and great gas struts to lift and lower the tonneau.

This is what I have. Not what most are looking for as it's an over the rail type, but from what I continue to read, so little of the flush style tonneau's are without leaks. My SE is perfectly dry.

I picked the Undercover because it was an over the rail cover. I felt it provided the most coverage and adds a nice finished look. I was worried about the black ABS plastic looking seeming cheap, but my truck is the BlackOut edition so it looks great. The tonneau is rock solid and a great cover.

I picked the Undercover because it was an over the rail cover. I felt it provided the most coverage and adds a nice finished look. I was worried about the black ABS plastic looking seeming cheap, but my truck is the BlackOut edition so it looks great. The tonneau is rock solid and a great cover.

Mine is the Midnight Edition also. And I agree , the black ABS finish looks great. I had it on a silver '15 Sierra before and it looked fine on that too though.

To each their own. But I'm happy with my SE. Just wish there were an easier way to get it out of the way for tall packages.

I've noticed bakflip has changed the part number for the MX4 from 48120 to 448120 on the shortbed crew. Anyone know if it's a updated version or what?

I'm wondering what's different too.

Looking for a tonneau cover that has integrated track system in its rails that will accept Thule or Yakima racks for bikes, kayaks, etc.. Pace Edwards Ultragroove Retractable is the only one I could find, is that my only option? How are the reviews for Pace Edwards? What is the winter performance like (temps from -20* F to 40* F sometimes overnight) with any of the retractable covers? I'm going to assume that they would freeze up and not be of any use?

http://www.pace-edwards.com/ultragroove