2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

For what it's worth, I had a Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite with personal caddy and OEM bed rug on my 2014 Silverado. Tonneau cover stayed with the truck when I traded it in but I kept the bed rug. I ordered a new G4 Elite for my new 2015 and will be re-installing the bedrug in it. The only change is I won't be installing the personal caddy as I never used it when I did have it installed. The G4 elite was 100% waterproof for me, never got any water in even with the crazy rainstorms we got in Florida, hence why I'm getting another for the new truck. Their customer support is also top notch!

Okay, so I've read 90% of this thread and I'm shopping for a cover but I'm limited on my choices. I have to get one from the GM Accessories Store. Reason being, the misses threw a fit to GM on the numerous times my truck was in for warranty work for the same issue (HMI screen going black). At least 7 times before I think they finally got it fixed. Anyways, the tongue lashing the Mrs. gave them was good enough to get me a $500 towards the purchase of GM Accessories. Of what they offer, the tonneau cover is about all I would want.

Was up at the dealer today getting my oil changed and I stopped in the parts store. I've done some research before hand and just had a few simple questions for the parts guy. None of which he was capable of answering. So I'll try here. Mind you, this $500 is a one time deal. If I don't use it all, I do not get in store credit for the balance. And if it's more expensive, I have to pay the balance.

So that being said, I've narrowed it down to three.

1) Tonneau Cover - Soft Folding - High Gloss Black [23462054] w/embossed Bowtie Logo $575

2) Tonneau Cover - Soft Roll Up - High Gloss Black [22772362] w/embossed Bowtie Logo $575

3) Tonneau Cover - Soft Roll-Up - Associated Accessories [19332692] $329

My questions to the guy were simple enough.. who makes #1 and 2? Truxedo?

I assume #1 is the tri-fold?

On the accessories page, the image for #2 looks like velcro adhesion, Which makes me think Truxedo. If it is them, which one is it? Lo Pro QT? Duece 2?

#3 is made by Advantage, does it have some sort of tension system?

My major cover concern is noise and fit. I do a lot of highway driving, so i don't want one that flaps around. Does anyone have any information about all of these?

Okay, so I've read 90% of this thread and I'm shopping for a cover but I'm limited on my choices. I have to get one from the GM Accessories Store. Reason being, the misses threw a fit to GM on the numerous times my truck was in for warranty work for the same issue (HMI screen going black). At least 7 times before I think they finally got it fixed. Anyways, the tongue lashing the Mrs. gave them was good enough to get me a $500 towards the purchase of GM Accessories. Of what they offer, the tonneau cover is about all I would want.

Was up at the dealer today getting my oil changed and I stopped in the parts store. I've done some research before hand and just had a few simple questions for the parts guy. None of which he was capable of answering. So I'll try here. Mind you, this $500 is a one time deal. If I don't use it all, I do not get in store credit for the balance. And if it's more expensive, I have to pay the balance.

So that being said, I've narrowed it down to three.

1) Tonneau Cover - Soft Folding - High Gloss Black [23462054] w/embossed Bowtie Logo $575

2) Tonneau Cover - Soft Roll Up - High Gloss Black [22772362] w/embossed Bowtie Logo $575

3) Tonneau Cover - Soft Roll-Up - Associated Accessories [19332692] $329

My questions to the guy were simple enough.. who makes #1 and 2? Truxedo?

I assume #1 is the tri-fold?

On the accessories page, the image for #2 looks like velcro adhesion, Which makes me think Truxedo. If it is them, which one is it? Lo Pro QT? Duece 2?

#3 is made by Advantage, does it have some sort of tension system?

My major cover concern is noise and fit. I do a lot of highway driving, so i don't want one that flaps around. Does anyone have any information about all of these?

If it's any help I have the extang trifecta which is a soft tri fold similar to gm's and I love it

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If it's any help I have the extang trifecta which is a soft tri fold similar to gm's and I love it

Thanks. I don't think #3 is in the running anymore. I believe in you get what you pay for.

So if it's between 1 & 2, I'd like to know what model 2 is. I've heard good things about the low pro qt. Hard to believe the dealer doesn't know and I don't want to waste free money on something that isn't what I thought it was.

The trifold seems to fit my concerns since it seems to be pretty sturdy and wouldn't flap around on the highway. Only drawback is that I have to remove it to utilize the entire bed where as the rollup could stay.

Thanks. I don't think #3 is in the running anymore. I believe in you get what you pay for.

So if it's between 1 & 2, I'd like to know what model 2 is. I've heard good things about the low pro qt. Hard to believe the dealer doesn't know and I don't want to waste free money on something that isn't what I thought it was.

The trifold seems to fit my concerns since it seems to be pretty sturdy and wouldn't flap around on the highway. Only drawback is that I have to remove it to utilize the entire bed where as the rollup could stay.

Trifold is very easy to remove and put back on if need be.

Trifold is very easy to remove and put back on if need be.

I've called 2 other dealers and got the same response. "I don't know what brand it is" lol.

Maybe I should ask truxedo if they supply gm in stead of asking :) where they get them from.

Yea, I saw the videos of trifold removal, pretty simple. How much flap do you get on the highway with yours and is it noisy?

Why not get the Fold-A-Cover one? You can buy it thru the dealer too, it's more money but you get what you pay for. It'll be water proof (I think they say 98%, mine has been 100% waterproof in heavy rain storms) and you don't have to worry about it flopping around lol

Edited by 71sbeetle

Why not get the Fold-A-Cover one? You can buy it thru the dealer too, it's more money but you get what you pay for. It'll be water proof (I think they say 98%, mine has been 100% waterproof in heavy rain storms) and you don't have to worry about it flopping around lol

I don't want to drop an additional $600, otherwise that's the route I'd go. Hell, at that point I'd rather get the solid one painted to match. But I'm only going (willing) to kick in at most $100.

I have a factory installed plastic liner on the bed of my 'rado. Can I install a cover keeping the existing plastic liner or do I have to get a spray liner? I know it's a basis question. First truck. Thanks.